ask your questions about prime inc here

Discussion in 'Prime' started by bartage, May 6, 2009.

1. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    Freight levels have risen greatly, and rates are above what they were in the past. One of the things that has contributed to this is the exit of large numbers of trucks in marginal operations from the industry. The truck-to-load ratios have been very in favor of truckers over the last couple of years, although this is beginning to change. Again, lots of crappy trucks and get-rich-quick schemers trying to make a fast buck on cheap freight.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. newbietrucker007

newbietrucker007 Medium Load Member

Apr 14, 2013
    merritt north carolina
    Really? Their going to be people always taking a short cut to make a buck.. its nit right but the world we live in.
    I'm glad the frieght level are back up yet sadden at the fact that warehouses people can be effective at loading reefers unit

4. PChase

PChase Road Train Member

Sep 16, 2012
    Show Me State
    halfway through my TNT phase my trainer went from a cascadia to a new Pete and I halfway had to learn to back all over again. The Pete didn't turn as sharp as the FL and it was in gereneral less user friendly than the FL. The cascadia has controls on the steering wheel and with the Pete if I wanted to turn on the cruise I had to reach over to the side to do it. Also the Pete is only marginally more comply going down the road. Other negs I can say about the Pete but I will have to keep typing for a while.

5. newbietrucker007

Apr 14, 2013
    merritt north carolina
    PChase so what your saying the fl are easy on the newbies than the Pete.
    I myself I like Pete's but as a newbie I would feel comfortable in a frieght shaker.. Lolz

6. da1

da1 Road Train Member

Jun 30, 2011
    SC
    The Cascadia is an easier truck to drive in my opinion and having the controls on the steering wheel plus the turning radius and the larger windows are nice ive adj well to my pete though and love it but as a beginner a fl may be better pending on what you like

7. newbietrucker007

Apr 14, 2013
    merritt north carolina
    Ty and that does make sense
    fl are everywhere on our interstate and highway

8. IndyDon

IndyDon Bobtail Member

Jul 17, 2013
    I asked this elsewhere here, but just found this thread.

How does Prime test for Color Vision?

I have been driving a car for 40 years, can easily tell a green light from an amber or red one, as attested by no tickets in 8 years. In reality, my color limits make me a safer and more aware driver. I cannot pass a dot test, but can pass a test of the 3 light colors. No point in continuing my talks with Prime until I resolve this.

9. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    The operative word is "drive," coupled with "not." If ya wanna sit around waiting for Peterbilt to get around to thinkin' about tellin' ya what the current prognostical rumination is on why your truck isn't going anywhere for awhile... well, then that's the truck for you!

10. PChase

PChase Road Train Member

Sep 16, 2012
    Show Me State
    Yes they do, it's part if the DOT phisical as well as duck walking .

11. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.