ask your questions about prime inc here

Discussion in 'Prime' started by bartage, May 6, 2009.

1. twistedsmoke

twistedsmoke Light Load Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Clarksville, Tn
    So, when most new hires go solo, most likely they get in a LW truck. Is it safe to say starting out solo in a LW truck, as a company driver, with the .05 cpm bonus, you would start out at .42 cpm? I have to call Gracie in the morning and want to make sure I have my ducks in a row. Thanks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. PChase

PChase Road Train Member

Sep 16, 2012
    Show Me State
    Nice work type shirts is good as well. Dickies brand button up work shirts and if you do tshirts make sure they have no overly crass slogans on them.

MOBee Thanks this.
  4. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    Yep, plus the variable fuel bonus...

twistedsmoke Thanks this.
  5. n3ss

n3ss Heavy Load Member

Nov 4, 2013
    This isn't specifically related to prime, more general, but do trucks have keyless entry like cars do? A remote that you use to lock/unlock the doors?

6. JimmyBones

JimmyBones Heavy Load Member

May 14, 2011
    Baxley, GA
    No, that's high dollar option. Just keep a spare just in case.

7. ironpony

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    ...or two. I have one hidden on the frame in a magnetic box, a second I keep with my change, plus the one I normally use. You WILL eventually lock yourself out. I can get into Freightliners, but the Paccar machines and Internationals are more difficult IMO.

8. crimedoc96

crimedoc96 Light Load Member

Jul 20, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Couple questions...sorry if I missed the answers earlier...I read a lot:

1.Is it true if your drivers license and ssc don't match EXACTLY in name, they'll send you home? For example, my DL says "John B. Doe" and my social security card says "John Boy Doe". Will they send you home??

2. The interview: I left of some temp work on my online app...I did in addition to my ft job which I've had over 3 years...but my recruiter asked about it. I was approved to start Prime in January. So, yes they found out about it...wasn't trying to hide it...just didnt think it mattered (extra job for extra cash). So, the question I guess is as long as I put it on written app, I'm good to go, is that right? Hate to get all the way out there and be sent home over that.

Thanks for the help. Again, apologize if this has been addressed...I just missed it if it has. Thanks!

9. Mikey60919

Mikey60919 Bobtail Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Pennsylvania
    what is a LW truck? Light weight? What defines light weight?
    Thanks

10. ironpony

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    I believe that everything must match, but call your recruiter to be sure.

Put it down on your written app. Your recruiter knows about it, so there shouldn't be a problem. If someone does ask, just be truthful about the circumstances.

crimedoc96 Thanks this.
  11. ironpony

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    They're about 18" shorter than a full-sized condo, one bunk, the Freightliner Cascadia has less storage space. International Prostars are roomier because of the height and have a little nicer interior. They are about a total of 4000 pounds lighter than a full-sized condo, so that more freight can be put into the trailer. Company drivers make an extra 5-cpm to drive one... and generally you don't have a choice.

Here's a link to some pictures of the Cascadia...

http://www.thetruckersreport.com/tr...4-prime-lightweight-tractors.html#post2640683

Mikey60919 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.