ask your questions about prime inc here

Discussion in 'Prime' started by bartage, May 6, 2009.

1. Chucktshoes

Chucktshoes Medium Load Member

May 23, 2014
    Memphis, TN
    I've run most everywhere in the two years I've been here and that's even with being on a dedicated account for a year of that. Only got a handful of conus states left to check off my list. I've also made excellent money for a company driver. As long as you don't feel the need to drive fast, you should find this place quite enjoyable.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. PChase

PChase Road Train Member

Sep 16, 2012
    Show Me State
    Reefer will on occasion get Canadian runs. Sometimes we get loads that are run as "dry" we just shut the reefer unit off.

Hoot67 and Chucktshoes Thank this.
  4. Hoot67

Hoot67 Light Load Member

Feb 17, 2016
    Columbia, SC
    Any idea where the closest location is to me (Columbia, SC)? Or how can I figure that out? Also, does that mean it would be my "home base" or whatever one calls it? Thanks!

5. redoctober83

redoctober83 Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    Seattle, wa
    Do you have your cdl already or will you need to get trained?

If you have your cdl you're looking at Pittston, pa most likely, may springfield, mo.

If you need training, then you're looking at Springfield, MO.

At prime, your home terminal doesn't really matter when it comes to home time. As long as you have a safe and secure place to park your tractor that's all they really care about. The only thing your home terminal plays into your career at Prime is where your dispatcher will run you. Springfield will keep up more centered around the midwest, South and Southeast region. Pittston, you'll see a lot of the northeast, midwest, and Southeast. If you're out of Salt Lake City, UT then you'll spend a lot of time out west and basically stay west of the Mississippi River.

Good luck in your adventure and career.

Hoot67, PChase and Chucktshoes Thank this.
  6. PChase

PChase Road Train Member

Sep 16, 2012
    Show Me State
    Me, I "live" (home) 12 miles from Springfield.
    I spend a lot of time in the northeast and Midwest. Wil will get into the south from time to time. Since I've been leasing ( not to say that it's always the case with leasing) I've hardly ever been further west than Denver.

Hoot67 and redoctober83 Thank this.
  7. Hoot67

Hoot67 Light Load Member

Feb 17, 2016
    Columbia, SC
    I'm getting my CDL over the summer at a local tech school, so I'll already have that but will need time with a trainer to get experience.

Your answer clears up the confusion I was having about home terminals. I had also been looking at other tanker companies and apparently it matters more with them. They seem to have a lot of out and back routing, which is one factor in deciding to drive a refrigerated truck instead. It sounds like I would do well with Springfield--unless I can move to SLC all of a sudden, LOL.

Thanks for the advice! :)

8. Hoot67

Hoot67 Light Load Member

Feb 17, 2016
    Columbia, SC
    So, what exactly would "a safe place to park my tractor" be?
    Must it be fenced?
    May it be where I park my car, on the street in front of my house (I live in town)?
    Does that mean I'll be bobtailing when I go home or will I have to consider a trailer some or all of the time?

None of these is a deal breaker but I'll need to be able to plan for how to manage each possibility appropriately. Thank you!

9. Chucktshoes

Chucktshoes Medium Load Member

May 23, 2014
    Memphis, TN
    Up until a few weeks ago I lived in a city and parked it in my driveway. If you can park it in front of your house that is fine. They just don't want you leaving it parked unattended at a truck stop or vacant lot a few miles from the house in case something were to happen to it. You will most likely be bobtail when going home so just gotta have space for the tractor, not trailer.

darthanubis, redoctober83 and Hoot67 Thank this.
  10. redoctober83

redoctober83 Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    Seattle, wa
    It needs to be kept within a triple fenced compound with barbd wire, razor coils and 15 foot brick wall. You'll need 4 security guards walking the perimeter in a random pattern 24/7. You'll also need turret guns in 4 watch towers, attack guard dogs, and the security guards will need to be armed with AK7's, rocket launchers and grenades. To gain access in and out you'll need to have biometric controls that check hand print, retinal scan and voice.

If you can't provide that, you can park it at home in your front yard or living room.

:biggrin_25525:

11. Hoot67

Hoot67 Light Load Member

Feb 17, 2016
    Columbia, SC
    Bwahahahaha!!!!! In my neighborhood, that might not be a bad idea.

(And I don't know why I always read "retinal scan" as rectal scan.....)

darthanubis Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.