Associated Wholesale Grocers Pearl River LA

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by Kitty40, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Kitty40

Kitty40 Light Load Member

Jun 16, 2018
    Ok, so I've been here years ago and it was terrible. It took over eight hours to get out of there. I realized I was at the same place this evening when I arrived but I'm being hopeful that I'll get out of here at a decent time. I'm going home for the weekend when I'm done here and I really need to get things done on my only weekday off! Bank, taxes, etc...
    Here is a link to their reviews.

https://www.google.com/search?q=ass...Wholesale%20Grocers%20Gulf%20Coast%20Division

Doesn't look so good :(
    My appt is for 3am. HOS gave me a choice to be really early or late and well, we know what happens if your late here... Reschedule... No thank you!
    I showed up at 8pm. Check in time isn't till 10pm.
    Checked in at 10:15pm
    Got my dock at 1:15am
    Went in, paid lumper... so far, so good. I'm ahead of schedule.
    Now I go back to sleep. Will update when the next step happens :)

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Kitty40

Jun 16, 2018
    The lady at the guard shack was super nice, as well as every lumper I spoke with and also the office person. Guard shack lady said the appointment time doesn't matter and you can check in at 10pm as long as you're not late for your appt.

Started unloading at 2:15am and finished at 2:40am. Even though I arrived at 8pm and it's now 3am I guess I still can't complain. I got a little bit of sleep. Just waiting for that paperwork now...

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  4. Kitty40

Jun 16, 2018
    :biggrin_25526:..... 6:10am..... Still waiting for paperwork.....:happy3:

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    HA. They got you.

I knew there will be something to this. I can emphasize.

Dave_in_AZ and Kitty40 Thank this.
  6. Doubleboi812

Doubleboi812 Bobtail Member

Nov 16, 2016
    I refuse to go to associated any more. They are one of the worst.

7. Kitty40

Jun 16, 2018
    Yep, I'm still here guys... waiting. I had beef jerky for dinner and beef jerky for breakfast. I'm glad I bought the extra hard to chew kind. It lasts much longer.

Yea, I'll be asking dispatch to try a different place next time coming home LOL

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  8. AaronP

AaronP Bobtail Member

Feb 5, 2019
    I genuinely don't know why these grocery DC's can't manage to get their stuff together.

alds and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  9. Doubleboi812

Doubleboi812 Bobtail Member

Nov 16, 2016
    I dont know but they have always been that way. "Never say never" but, I will never and havent been there again.

10. Kitty40

Jun 16, 2018
    Idk... The load from what I saw was about as unorganized as it could be. 35,000lbs, 652 pieces all randomly stacked on the pallets, wrapped and squeezed all to the front end of the trailer. Tandems slid as far as they'd go and I juuuust had enough to fuel up. I'm guessing the counting is what's probably taking so long.

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  11. Oor

Oor Road Train Member

Jan 11, 2012
    Three lumpers called in sick, one is just a no show cuz he's drunk, two are in the parked cars smoking a jay, and of the ones who are busting their rears trying to cover, it's now lunchtime.

Good news is they're hiring. Bad news is you can only hire what walks in the door.

alds and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.