ATS NE Regional

Discussion in 'Anderson' started by lowrider, Dec 2, 2009.

1. lowrider

lowrider Bobtail Member

Nov 22, 2009
    Eastern Shore, Maryland
    Well I tlked to a recruiter the other day and for my area all he had was a Lease OP N.E. Dry Van position. Can anyone tell me about this?

What can I expect at orientation?

What is their L/O Program like? (I know it is 1 yr.)

What is the pay like?

How is the equipment there? I was told they have freightshakers. I was offered 06-08 i believe.

What are the trucks governed at?

What kind of Transmission? (I hope 10spd and not Auto)

How are they with hometime? (hopfully better than Arrow Trucking...lol)

What do they mostly haul? (paper, water, food products)

What do they issue as far as load locks, kingpin locks, pad locks ect?

Any Grocery Whses?

How do they do their logging, fueling, and routing?

If they run west whats their policy on chains?

Do they Preplan you in advance?

How many miles can I expect to run a week good and bad?

How do they go about turning in bills, and paperwork? (transflo, trippack, terminal)

Do they pay tolls?

I hope to hear from anyone with any knowledge about ATS. I prefer to hear from current drivers. Thanks Be Safe.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lyon4343

lyon4343 Bobtail Member

Apr 25, 2009
    Plymouth,CT
    I leased from them for about 10 months 11/07-09/08. I answer each of your questions as best as possible. Orientation takes a week. They put you in the Days Inn, St. Cloud(about 10min. from office). I cannot remember day by day, but pretty much like any other place. drug test,physical, road test,etc. ALOT of classroom. The oreintation guy is the nicest guy u will ever meet. He will teach ya that the company is defiently worth it. You're all like family. The lease is the best out there from what I think. Of course ya might wanna have a few thousand $ in ur bank b4 u go for it. I met guys that knew wut they were doin with the lease. It was my first time, and I sucked at it, so I had to give it up. I had an '05 Columbia 10 speed. I saw that alot of their trucks are 9 spd, but I guess I just got lucky. If you're leasing, your put on a list, then each person in class chooses their truck from a list. I made sure I picked 1 that was there at the time. Some trucks on the list were at different terminals in which case they will pay for your car rental to go get it. Basically leasing, they want you to be your own boss, so if I had to go home, I told them and I went home. They were very good about it. They didnt issue any of the locks, I got all that on my own. They haul pretty much anything.(water,food,homo depot,dhl,paper,etc). I delverd to grocery whse, when I had Kelloggs, Bleach, or water. They have a team that handles logs. I never had a problem. They are good about it, as long as their freight is getting to where it has to go. They use T-Chek cards, and u fuel wherever it is accepted. Pilot,TA,flyin j, petro,etc. I'm not sure about chains. I stayed in the NE. They use Trippak. I actually loved workin for them. I wasnt there long before they gave me a dedicated run p/u CT, deliver PA, p/u NJ, deliver CT. I was doin good til I needed couple days off. Another driver had my run for a day. He made it to the truckstop 8 miles from the customer and fell asleep. The load was a day late, and ATS lost the customer. I avg about 2500-3000/wk. But I was on %. I got 67% of load plus fuel srcg., then ny pay, stop pay etc. Tolls, lumpers are the downside I think. They say they reimburse tolls but in order for the work to get done, log book had to be a little off. They cant reimburse u unless u can log the tolls. I still made $, but in 10 months, goin over tappan zee bridge, del-mem bridge, etc, I paid over $9500 in tolls. I'll have more for ya if ya need it. Just ask

4. lowrider

lowrider Bobtail Member

Nov 22, 2009
    Eastern Shore, Maryland
    Thanks driver.... so what was your avg. Take home pay each week being on %?

5. lyon4343

lyon4343 Bobtail Member

Apr 25, 2009
    Plymouth,CT
    I'd say my avg was about $3000/wk then minus the weekly truck,insurance,and all the rest was about $1500/week

6. dl trucking

dl trucking Bobtail Member

Feb 6, 2010
    whitman mass
    lowrider did you ever get to go with ats? because i am from the same region, and have been looking and talking with a recruiter and was told the same. i want to do it but my wife is scared. and i wanted to know if you already went with ats and if so how is it?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.