ATT $20 unlimited internet is back.

Discussion in 'Cellular - Voice - Data' started by snowwy, Nov 25, 2018.

1. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Some of you may remember the poster posting about the zte mobley last year. Offering $20 unlimited internet.

It's since long discontinued.

Yesterday I decided to see what att had to offer for tablets since my 5 year old ASUS is REALLY SLOW. ANd since I'm paying for the hotspot and no longer using it. I thought I'd switch the sim from hotspot to tablet. I bought the samsung tab A full price of $236 and change after taxes. Was offered 1 gig internet for $10. Unlimited for $20.

It offers mobile hotspot through the all access app.
    It has gps
    Front and rear cameras
    wifi
    bluetooth
    8 inch screen.

It's basically a bigger version of your phone. But don't ask me how the phone works. It requires some type of stupid verification and activation which it don't seem to want to complete.

Now, some of you will come along and say. I CAN FIND BIGGER FOR CHEAPER.
    Are UUUUUUU sure. Cuz those other deals AREN'T 4G tablets.

The plan wasn't offered online so don't try to buy it there. I drove down to the store and left with a new tablet. And no clue that plan would be offered. I was totally planning on swapping sims.

slim6596 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MM71

MM71 Heavy Load Member

Jun 28, 2008
    AZ
    Was this a 20 dollar addition to your current wireless plan that has a phone ... or a stand alone plan?

The discontinued mobley plan was/is amazing (still have mine grandfathered in, used 90 gig on it last month with no slow down).

4. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Good question.

He offered it BEFORE knowing I already had service. So now I have the phone AND 2 hotspots. But I'll probably be shutting down what was originally the zte device.

The tablet also has the 5 gig channel. It's comparable with the hotspot I have now. Faster then the zte ever was.

5. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    They have a new device out now. Replacing the zte mobley.

They're calling it spark. Plugs in to your obd2 port and provides in car wifi.

Connected Car from AT&T

And it doesn't look like you need to be a current att subscriber. Although you can add it to your plan for $10.

88 Alpha Thanks this.
  6. slim6596

slim6596 Medium Load Member

Dec 1, 2015
    It shows $30/month for unlimited in-vehicle WiFi

7. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    ATT also offers life line internet service for 10 a month to those with wired internet via router. Within limits. It started back in 2016.

After 9-11 ALL phones capable of acting as such has two numbers associated with your name and information, the Sim number and the phone's unique MAC address for lack of a better word. This is to prevent terrorist idiot from buying a 20 dollar throw away and using it anonymously. That's why it demands a stupid activation thing like all phones do.

Enjoy your tablet. You will find it useful in someways. I'll probably stay with laptops in that price range to support the main computer at home. I am not much of a road warrior away from there. My basic cell has adequate internet.

8. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Looks like both plans were changed since the posting for the device.

I have to wait till the 12th to see if my monthly charges get changed. Right now it shows 20 for tablet and 20 for hotspot.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.