Attention all company drivers!!!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by MACK E-6, Oct 14, 2007.

1. MikesTrucking

MikesTrucking Light Load Member

Dec 23, 2016
    Los Angeles, CA
    These companies always screw me, i need a good home.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MikesTrucking

MikesTrucking Light Load Member

Dec 23, 2016
    Los Angeles, CA
    do you know any good companies.

DriveStyer Thanks this.
  4. Morg1984

Morg1984 Light Load Member

Dec 23, 2016
    Lots of companies, not just in the trucking industry, are Facebook stalking potential hires now. This is so they can see if someone could potentially give a company a black eye by social media posts. Whether it is unprofessional, or off duty shenanigans, they don't want someone associated with them to mar their corporate image.

Will be starting with a flatbed company next summer after this stint of Army Infantry is over.

5. Sickofitall

Sickofitall Bobtail Member

Dec 30, 2016
    StarWay Trucking in Calgary.

Worst place I've ever seen, and that takes some doing. Liars, crooks and racist (but they sure tell you nice things to get you to work for them).

6. reddove

reddove Medium Load Member

Jan 6, 2013
    San antonio, Texas
    I don't get it, they read these postings their drivers complain and they don't change to improve things?

sevenmph Thanks this.
  7. Sickofitall

Sickofitall Bobtail Member

Dec 30, 2016
    These big companies often have turnover rates in excess of 100%. That means they hire more drivers each year jam they employ at any one time.

What THAT means is the companies are so terrible to work for that people quit them so often that if their employees were blood the trucking companies would have been dead long ago.

They don't want professionals, they want steering wheel holders. Better to pay idiots less money and constantly replace them than to pay quality drivers what we are worth...because less money spent on drivers means more profit share for the recruiters, dispatchers and management.

DriveStyer Thanks this.
  8. errantabakman

errantabakman Bobtail Member

Jan 22, 2017
    I took a break to try something else and Swift Transportation disqualified me from rehire back in 2007. I still maintain my CDL Class A however being turned down by Knight and Swift in 2007 just caused me to go down a different work path and build up my skills elsewhere and I don't regret leaving the trucking industry behind which treated their truck drivers like #### and cheated them on their pay. So many hours went unpaid so I figured why be dumbed down any longer as a trucker.

Took awhile grow my experience but what I discovered is that I had core computer skills where I just worked my way up as an admin/accounting/office professional and can say that I at least make somewhat of a steady paycheck. Trucking does not have to be a permanent lifestyle choice and anyone can rise above.

Being treated like a new hire though with time already put in and being told that my experience is outdated where I can't pick up where I left off just turned me off from even trying in that industry. I had my time though and traveled to Canada with Swift and went all over the 48 states. So yes I did my time and delivered loads successfully and kept a clean MVR and never took anyone out. The entire trucking industry needs to be reformed where the worker has more power and is paid a decent and stable wage and this by the mile and shaving of miles is ######## along with being governed at such a low speed but that is what most general freight companies do.

For the record, the going rate for a CDL was $1,250.00. I think training has gotten way overpriced and anyone thinking they will get rich after training is in for a big surprise. You are making ####.

Anyway just wanted to weigh in. If you are set on being single for life and don't have much to lose and have a strong work ethic, then by all means become a truck driver however remember you are always one bad accident away from being unemployed and blacklisted so I would say just have a backup in case trucking doesn't work out for you.

I don't regret leaving the trucking industry and taking a break only to find that no company would touch me because I took a break from the industry. #### the lot of those companies. If trucking companies don't see your overall work history and are more concerned about gaps in your trucking experience, then I guess they are not worth looking for.

I did gain in overall driving experience and I am a safer driver as I result of my brief time in the industry as a trucker.

9. errantabakman

Jan 22, 2017
    The companies themselves have become slave mills for the most part. Just hire rookies, pay higher insurance premiums or go self-insured and keep wages low. Sounds about right.

10. errantabakman

Jan 22, 2017
    Ideally you would figure you would eventually get paid enough in the industry where one day you could go out and purchase your own rig. Not going to happen with the lot of the general freight companies.

11. errantabakman

Jan 22, 2017
    If companies are really wasting time looking on these sites, then all I can say is it is a waster of resources that are better spent on maintenance of trucks, safety, and improving overall quality of work for their drivers. Pretty sad.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.