Attention all company drivers!!!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by MACK E-6, Oct 14, 2007.

1. ProPilot

ProPilot Light Load Member

Dec 26, 2008
    In my truck.....
    The only reason drivers and office personnel exist is to increase the fortunes of the top two percent of ANY trucking company (i.e, the owners and a select few of his cronies....) Ever wonder why most of the office personnel are pissed off most of the thme? They're coolies just the drivers.....(and paid a hell of a lot less, too...)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ike

Ike Light Load Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Virginia Beach, Virginia
    Hey Pro pilot, I remember you from another forum, Look forward to reading more of your insight.

4. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    Never had any issues with the DOT maybe they liked my accent

Regards
    Aussiejosh

5. ProPilot

ProPilot Light Load Member

Dec 26, 2008
    In my truck.....
    You should set your sights a little bit higher that my insight!:biggrin_25525: LOL
    Not sure how much I can help but thanks!

Last edited: Sep 1, 2009
  6. greaterbaatezu

greaterbaatezu Light Load Member

Jul 16, 2009
    I was at the pilot at xt 310 in Wyoming on I-80 last winter. Was parked for approx 2 hrs. Swift truck nearly backed directly into the grill of the truck I was driving 5 TIMES!! Only reason he stopped is I kept hitting the air horn. Turns out the guy backing up had only been driving for 5 days, had gotten his liscense from Swift, and his trainer (was yacking on his cell phone in the jump seat not doing a ###### thing. I had to help the poor guy back in, and I didn't even work for swift. The trainer was one of those lazy ten-gallon hat call me tex dickweeds. Copped an attitude when I called swift with his truck number and reamed out their safety lady for their stupid training practices. According to her, if there's two ppl in the truck, one is supposed to be on the ground when the truck is going backwards.

Baack Thanks this.
  7. RR9501

RR9501 Light Load Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Chesapeake, VA
    wow...and with trainers like that...how r the rookies supposed to make it out here?...training moron needs to learn how to do his job!

8. shackhouser

shackhouser Bobtail Member

Sep 5, 2009
    Its pretty sad when you have to worry about these company reps that feel
    the need to MONITOR what drivers say about them. If these companies were at all worth a toss, they would not be worried about it. They're looking to recruit young naive drivers who don't know anything yet. STAY AWAY FROM BIG CARRIERS and support your local small trucking companies.

[​IMG]

9. itchyscratchy

itchyscratchy Bobtail Member

Sep 8, 2009
    has anyone called usis (dac) today,yesterday or tomarrow to "thank" them, for all the "help" the have given to the American Trucker? do you believe, they would like to hear from you,as often as possible.

10. popmartian

popmartian Road Train Member

May 31, 2009
    Just say No! Thanks for Sharing that Photo.....

A saw a post where a driver grossed $ 61.5k driving 139K miles. He worked at least 4200 hours (300 days x 14 hr) 61500 divided by 4200 hrs is equavilant to $ 14.64 per hour and he was away from home at least 3 weeks at a time. Factor in Food and Living Expenses at $30 per day. 300 x $30 = $ 9000.00 minus (61500 less 25% tax and deductions) his actual take home pay $ 37125.00 not bad for a trucker.

I have 3 years trucking and last year made nearly 37.2 k on 120 k miles and was home 36 days. I figure the company was with was cheating me .08 cents by only paying me .31 cpm.

Consider this, a middle class person working in the USA earn $16.00 x 40 hrs or 640 per week or 32K per year they see the family everyday and sleep in the comforts of a home. less tax and daily living expenses that person only sees about 18K

I wonder sometime is it worth being gone so much ?

chew6229 Thanks this.
  11. southernbamaboy

southernbamaboy Bobtail Member

Sep 19, 2009
    lansing,IL
    Well I do not know for sure the comp.i work for {TMC}reads this but i've heard they do!! So heres what i think-- they are no different than any comp. out there!! When it come to saveing $$$ they look to the drivers pockets first. I've been with them a little over 3 yrs and things realy have went down hill fast for the drivers here and i don't see it getting any better soon. Bottom line this is a starter comp.--springboard comp. !! Not a place to retire from ( not anymore ) at least.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.