Attention all company drivers!!!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by MACK E-6, Oct 14, 2007.

1. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    pm mastertech, he can help you change it.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RAGE 18

RAGE 18 Road Train Member

Jan 31, 2011
    GOLD£N☆STAT£
    sorry wrong thread

Last edited: Jan 31, 2011
  4. Meltom

Meltom Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2011
    So I'm not sure if this has been brought up, mostly cuz I'm too lazy to read all of this, but wouldn't it be a good thing if your company read these posts? Most bring up valid concerns in a forum that feels safer to people than a survey or in person. So I'm just sayin if your company doesn't totally suck they should be able to roll with the good and the bad and figure out what to do to keep people happy.

5. KnuckleBuster

KnuckleBuster Light Load Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Wellsboro Pa, Lakeland Fl
    It is what it is. These bottomfeeders couldn't care less about their employees.

6. Skip1965

Skip1965 Medium Load Member

Jun 11, 2010
    C'bus, Oh.

....And in 23 years when we have been driving tractor trailer for 24 years we will probably say the same thing, but until then the bills gotta get paid.

The problem that I have experienced is that the insurance companies run the trucking companies. They tell them who they can hire, what they can haul, and how fast they can run. Until that changes things will stay the same.

New drivers have a VERY difficult time getting a driving gig as a result. Look through the job postings of ANY news paper, truck mag, or internet posting, you will find job ad after job ad stating "6 months experience", "1 year experience", "2 years experience required." Frustrating indeed.

I myself have been driving various commercial vehicles for nearly 30 years... I was driving a chemical tank truck before CDL was required. However, having a class A for less than a year I have found it next to impossible to find a local driving job period. That means I have to take a job that requires me to leave my family at home and drive OTR till I get the "Required Experience." Crazy!!

I had NO plan to drive OTR when I got Class A. My kids hate it. But due to local driving jobs I have applied to, interviews I have had, and advise from everyone, I am going back out there.

You can be guaranteed as soon as I have the opportunity to drive AND be home nights with my kids I will be.

7. Bulldog9986

Bulldog9986 Bobtail Member

Feb 6, 2011
    Hornsby, TN
    A bad company...... Western Express!!!! I've been rollin with them for a lil bit now, again. They were good the first 2 months but now, I can't even get home to pay my bills. My truck's air drier has been F'd up for 2 weeks and they wont even run me by a shop.

8. popmartian

popmartian Road Train Member

May 31, 2009
    Answering a question you already know the answer to:

Money! The last thing the CEO needs, is to spend more money to stop the high driver turn-over rate. Since 2001 the economy has been to weak and only when things pick up do companies allocate more money in the form of wages to attract new drivers. In 2008 and 2009 freight began to decline. Income from revenue dropped and the big boyz in Corp do what they always do, Cut the Labor cost. I have seen 45 cpm drivers squeezed out in lew of a 32 cpm driver.

Sadly a lot of companies are going to do more harm than good for the sake of the almighty Bottom Line.

Do you get it yet ? drivers are expendables! especially when there is a huge pool of un-employed to fish from.

If you are lucky enough to work for a financially stable company and are rewarded with free health and life insurance along with a steady paycheck I would say your company is going to retain more of its Driver Force.

9. tonymann1800

tonymann1800 Light Load Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Sanford Fl
    Perkins specialized Transportation & Debt bondage company Noblesville IN , make these guys look good. Work for free at Perkins be "utilized" as a slave with the tools they provide you for successfulness. The new America. Cheat and Cheat more

10. Giltnerwillscrewya

Giltnerwillscrewya Bobtail Member

Aug 23, 2010
    I wish and hope Giltner-Progressive Logistics does.. they screw everyone over.I have never hated seeing a Giltner truck so much as I do.My husband drives and drives,can't read the settlements they are so messed up.Never a paycheck,I think company is stealing from drivers..Husband is too #### stupid to catch on and keeps on the road.I haven't seen since xmas.Screw Giltner.

11. AfterShock

AfterShock Road Train Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Inland Empire, California
    Is it possible that you're not seeing any paychecks because hubby is taking a lot of advancements while out on the road?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.