Auscor Transportation?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Tacomatrd99, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Tacomatrd99

Tacomatrd99 Bobtail Member

Aug 19, 2018
    Does anyone work for and / or have feedback on this carrier? I got out of driving about 15 years ago and have missed it ever since. Getting back in, without recent experience is proving to be difficult. These folks are not far from my house and I reached out for them. I did an interview and road test with them, and was offered a job. They said I can run local, regional, OTR, or any combination as desired. The equipment seems like it’s in good shape, and they seem to be connected to Apgar as their building says Apgar Bros. on it. My concerns are:

-They hire you as a 1099 contractor. Granted their pay scale seems to be a little higher, so it would make up for the extra taxes incurred.
    - They want you to sign documents indicating that your responsible to pay for any shortage or damage to the freight and any damage to the trucks.
    - Anytime I pass through there, there seems to be a number of tractors sitting in the yard. I don’t know if maybe I’m wrong, but it seems like a few too many tractors sitting (like 20 of them).

Thanks in advance for any feedback you can provide.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Where is your location? There's probably other choices.
    You in New Jersey?
    Abilene Motor Express in Richmond, VA will probably hire you. They hire drivers that have been off the road for years. It's a decent outfit and pays on W-2.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
    Tacomatrd99 Thanks this.
  4. Tacomatrd99

Tacomatrd99 Bobtail Member

Aug 19, 2018
    Thanks for the prompt reply. I’m in NJ. I will check them out.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  5. Roger Goodwin

Roger Goodwin Bobtail Member

Aug 15, 2018
    Thanks, me too. You rock!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.