Australian trucker set to shut their country down

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Lennythedriver, Aug 22, 2021.

1. InTooDeep

InTooDeep Donner party survivor

Jan 17, 2016
    Carmichael CA
    Wow really ####

Cattleman84 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    Man. It really would've been something to see some of these patriots out protesting the polio or scarlet fever vaccines.

We really missed out on a good show back in the days before the world changed.

4. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    By "misinformation" do you mean the points of view and opinions that don't agree with your own?

5. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Those protests existed, but they didn't get far because it took a lot more effort to make things "go viral" in the past. When you look at the hisotrical record for the various pandemics you find the same skeptics railing against mitigation efforts. Over time, those skeptics peter out based on the weight of evidence

You "never reference to anything here as 'actual data'" but

If it's not "actual data" why are you positing it as 'truth' and asking for an explanation?

A video of a man getting what appears to be a 'fake injection' with no context is misleading by itself. Who is the man in question and where is the raw unedited video? If they wanted to fake giving a shot, why didn't they just use saline? A whole lot easier to fake (not to mention safer) than engaging in the pantomime implied by the video.

My point is simple - most of the posts in this thread are based not in fact, but in opinions that are being reinforced by a social media echo chamber. When I step outside both social media and mainstream media and talk to actual physicians the information contained in this thread is hogwash, pure and simple.

6. gentleroger

Jun 1, 2010
    No, I do not mean points of view and opinions that don't agree with my own.

Almost 1/2 of the ICUs in Wisconsin are at peak capacity right now.

More than nine in 10 Wisconsin ICU beds are in use

When you look at Wisconsin's historical hospital "bed usage" data, it's about 35%. For the last year we've been sitting at over 65%.

How many posts in this thread said things along the lines of "hospitals are empty"?

Then look at the 'excess deaths' data for 2020

Excess Deaths From COVID-19 and Other Causes, March-July 2020

There are two explanations for the excess deaths. Either covid is a real threat or it's a huge conspiracy with every level of government and health care involved. Occam's Razor comes into play.

I've appreciated the mods restraint over the last 2 years. Y'all were doing a darn good job of exercising restraint when guys were having a polite dialog and expressing good faith positions. You and I have talked previously about how certain viewpoints get a free pass until someone pushes back. I've seen posters get a 'soft ban' from a certain weather based thread for pushing back against political posts, while the member making the original political post gets an apparent free pass. At this point, I think that every covid thread needs to head to the sandbox or the unmoderated forum.

7. okiedokie

okiedokie Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2011
    PNWET
    Regardless of any POV or science data, it's still a personal choice which may or may not come with consequences.

8. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    Once again you just read the news and believe it. Go to the hospital for yourself and take a look around.

9. gentleroger

Jun 1, 2010
    Please see this post.

And also please note that Ben Weston is the Director of Medical Services for the Milwaukee County Office of Emergency Management. I'm not 'reading the news and believing it', I'm talking to the people experiencing it on a day to day basis.

10. born&raisedintheusa

born&raisedintheusa Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2012
    @w9l
    What part of the Midwest are you referring to?

The Midwest consists of 12 states in the north central United States:
    Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, & Wisconsin

God bless every American and their families! God bless the U.S.A.!

The absolute sheer driving force of our national economy - without truck drivers, our entire national economy would come to an absolute standstill - if not outright be dead.
    [​IMG]
    Over the mountains, through the woods, into the valleys, coast to coast, from sea to shining sea - truck drivers can and do go anywhere and everywhere, every day, every night, all year round.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2021
  11. Magoo1968

Magoo1968 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2021
    St Malo mb
    Us Canadians too

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.