Auto Truck Transport Corp. - Kenosha, Wi.

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Redneck, Apr 24, 2006.

1. zoso1967

zoso1967 Bobtail Member

Mar 8, 2012
    green bay, wis
    I can question why with tact!! Thanks to info, finishing up vacation this week and looking to schedule orientation in April, maybe I get lucky and get u as a trainer rclsr1961

trucker43 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rclsr1961

rclsr1961 Light Load Member

Jul 28, 2010
    charleston, wv
    Just don't want to be a jerk. We have numerous drivers that don't know how to handle issues. I've got a few friends I talk to and I just don't associate with the others. We have trainers that are only training for the extra money. If that is why I do it I'd take multiple trainees. It costs me money to train but I want to get some good drivers to stay at ATT. They only trip plan us on 500 miles a day. It will take a year to understand the system to make decent money. It's not harder than other trucking, just different.

trucker43 Thanks this.
  4. rclsr1961

Jul 28, 2010
    charleston, wv
    zoso if you come to ATT and don't like your trainer don't just stay with him. Talk to the training coordinator. We know y'all know how to drive. The training is to learn how to undeck. In my time here we've had two people killed undecking. You have to be careful and safe and you won't get hurt, but if you cut corners undecking can kill you

trucker43 Thanks this.
  5. zoso1967

zoso1967 Bobtail Member

Mar 8, 2012
    green bay, wis
    Yea, I'd kinda like to stay alive too! So I won't be cutting corners!!! Lol

trucker43 and FloTheWaitress Thank this.
  6. rclsr1961

Jul 28, 2010
    charleston, wv
    I don't remember his name but I know we have a driver that lives in Green Bay that is based in San Antonio and been with ATT for a long time. We deliver a lot of chassis to the Morgan Body in Janesville, a lot of Marten trucks to Shullsburg, and Roehl trucks to Rothschild. Also we do Millis trucks to Rothschild

trucker43 Thanks this.
  7. rclsr1961

Jul 28, 2010
    charleston, wv
    After today I won't be around for a couple weeks. Been home to get some medical tests and ATT went out of there way to ensure I was here. I was going back yesterday and they ask me to wait until tomorrow so I could get a new trainee. This job isn't perfect but I won't haul freight again.

trucker43 Thanks this.
  8. zoso1967

zoso1967 Bobtail Member

Mar 8, 2012
    green bay, wis
    Can I private message you rclsr?

9. rclsr1961

Jul 28, 2010
    charleston, wv
    Yea I think I answered you. Don't know if it came through

10. zoso1967

zoso1967 Bobtail Member

Mar 8, 2012
    green bay, wis
    Yea I got it. Thank you

11. APTAES

APTAES Bobtail Member

Mar 24, 2012
    USA
    I just found this site wow! I've been w AT for a little over a year now, and like others have said before, "Just stick w it for the first year".. You'll learn how to make it after a while though.

Its not so bad. Good thing is you can live anywhere in the US you want to basically. At times, it can be tough to get a load home. (or at least in the direction of home) But the benefits are top notch, and If you ignore all the pissers n moaners, you'll do just fine.

ps.. Stay away from the Days Inn in SA!! :biggrin_2559:

trucker43 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.