Averitt Express

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by RampRat, May 17, 2022.

1. Nickanator1988

Nickanator1988 Light Load Member

Jul 8, 2022

I think sefl got rid of there team division because they did have a posting a while back but when i search team jobs nothing pops up at all.. yeah the only i dislike about ltl companies is they dont allow pets and dont have refrigerator or microwave and some dont even offer inverters too power it.. we cook our own food and refuse too eat truck stop food and of has them single axle screw trucks idk what the difference is why everyone hates them dont they turn better?

How fast does od trucks go? But im willing too suck it up as long as the truck atleast has an inverter too power my fridge and microwave i can deal with it and i guess i can find someone too watch my cat if we have too but thats another expense..

We were gunna drive with rl carriers but they are slime balls and pulled some absolute bs i wont get into but it was absolutely ridiculous what they pulled on us they are scandalous company..

Yeah od or Estes would work well.
    Although atleast for teaming people say AAA COOPER IS PRETTY GOOD ... SO WE SHALL SEE..

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Nickanator1988

Jul 8, 2022

For got too ask whats od paying teams now cpm?

So they only fire lazy drivers that makes sense i dont blame them.. there are a lot of those. Lol

4. buckmanmike

buckmanmike Light Load Member

Jan 20, 2010
    in the country, georgia
    Nick, you might want to check with another FedEx contractor. I used to drive for Cornerstone Trucking. We had a dedicated route that was about 5900 miles/ week. 5 days a week. Between Thanksgiving and Christmas we ran 6 days a week( same route) I made around $100k and I retired 3 years ago. Good luck.

5. Nickanator1988

Jul 8, 2022

Appreciate the info.. i knew i would get a former fedex driver telling me this lol.. its not what it once was 3 plus years ago driver. They dont have the freight and their dedicated routes suck now.. you can still make 100k a year but you will do a lot of sitting around waiting now.. i know during peak season they do run a 6th day for certain routes thats absolutely true. Yeah im just tired of fedex bs and lying contractors this is like my 4th contractor they all suck now.. honestly i haven't seen or heard of anyone having a dedicated route even over 5k-5300 miles max and if someone does have a route like that they are all taken up and very few and far in between of those left.. i wanna get my drop and hook pay as well as fueling like most ltl companies.. i know who cornerstone is btw i see their trucks all the time..

Curious what route were you on exactly? Im on a dedicated from Atlanta too tracy only 4950 miles weak.. the load was supposed too be ready by 10am and its 4:30pm so yeah thats another frustration with fedex they dont care if the dedicated freight is late and they dont care how long you wait so its just wasting my time that ill never get back .. im just over fedex.. im done with them.. hope you understand.

Glad fedex worked for you and congratulations on the retirement. Im only going too truck for 2-4 more years tops then im done with this industry im planning my exit strategy now..

6. buckmanmike

buckmanmike Light Load Member

Jan 20, 2010
    in the country, georgia
    We went from Ellenwood to Tom's Brook, Va.

7. Gomer1969

Gomer1969 Light Load Member

Jan 13, 2013
    I'm a linehaul driver for OD and our teams are around .88cpm. They are around .10 more than solo. Team trucks are 65mph and solo tractors are 65/68/70.

8. Nickanator1988

Jul 8, 2022

I81 exit 291 ive been on that route..lol the i81 drivers are the slowest drivers ever lol that used too drive me insane going there

9. Nickanator1988

Jul 8, 2022

#### thats amazing pay for teams.. thats weird the solos trucks go faster then the teams? Lol

Do the trucks have fridge or inverters in the sleeper trucks?

10. Gomer1969

Gomer1969 Light Load Member

Jan 13, 2013
    I doubt they have a fridge and I'm not sure about the inverter. The speed of the tractor is based on the length of the run.

11. Nickanator1988

Jul 8, 2022

I wish od was hiring in the atl Area. You said freight is good in Atlanta with od?

What state you run out of?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.