Averitt Express

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by RampRat, May 17, 2022.

1. Gomer1969

Gomer1969 Light Load Member

Jan 13, 2013
    I run out of Indy. We meet Atlanta and freight has been slow on those lanes. Freight has been slow everywhere.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Nickanator1988

Nickanator1988 Light Load Member

Jul 8, 2022

I hope freight picks up soon.. #### long shoremen and them going on strike..

4. Texas_hwy_287

Texas_hwy_287 Road Train Member

Sep 25, 2016
    Texas
    I run out of texas and here freight have picked up then again it might be just my region, as we sometimes have extra freight that stays behind and gets picked up by Dallas or leave it for the next morning especially on Thursday as we can hold the freight.

5. Nickanator1988

Jul 8, 2022

Fedex ground always says freight is slow every week for 3yrs im done with them soon

6. hoosier volunteer

hoosier volunteer Light Load Member

Dec 31, 2014
    Ringgold Ga
    I believe Averitt only has team positions for shuttle drivers and and some dedicated accounts. I believe the PODS account has team drivers and some are based on Atlanta. Currently our trucks do have refrigerators and inverters.

7. Gomer1969

Gomer1969 Light Load Member

Jan 13, 2013
    I meet a driver that pulls freight from Dallas up to me. Last week I had two days with empties.

8. Texas_hwy_287

Texas_hwy_287 Road Train Member

Sep 25, 2016
    Texas
    I'm out of a small terminal close to Houston and we been sending pups to DAL and SNA TXK with full weight wise 18k to 20k.

As far as inbound we get decent amount of freight from MFS and MRT but most of our freight comes from DAL.

9. buckmanmike

buckmanmike Light Load Member

Jan 20, 2010
    in the country, georgia
    Nick, are you running "wild"? I did that team driving and sat constantly. Especially on the west coast. When I changed contractors the only positions they had were team dedicated. Started with an Ellenwood/ St Louis and finally ended with Ellenwood/ Tom's Brook. I had to change co drivers. St Louis guy went crazy. Tom's Brook guy was great.

10. Nickanator1988

Jul 8, 2022

The 81 drives me insane at 65mph lol they all drive 60mph its annoying even owner operators.. i know where tons brook va is exit 291 pilot.. good miles for sure. The i85 traffic near Mooresville Norman lake north carolina gets bad too.. yeah i team drive with my wife we run wild. That toms brook starts super early and cuts hometime short and now fedex hardly ever have the loads ready on time. For example few days ago picked up dedicated from ellenwood going to tracy ca the load was 7hrs late and i had to drive up to marietta to pick up a trailer thats not a true dedicated run. Im done with there bs no drop and hook pay no detention pay..

I used too think it was a contractor issue but its fedex now. I believe you if you get a decent dedicated you can make decent easy money.. i just think trucking has taken everything outta me

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.