Averitt Pods Account

Discussion in 'Averitt' started by Kstrong86, Feb 22, 2019.

1. clownrebel

clownrebel Bobtail Member

Jan 23, 2020
    Haaaaa nicely said. If I didn't have someone give me heads up, I probably would have been hot on your heels on the way out. Now that I'm in it, my boss will have to pry my cold dead buns out of my seat. On the plus side, much like orientation, they really don't tell you how to you job, especially in pods. I set my ETAs with the customer, I plan my route, and I get my pm done when it's due. It's pretty hands off and the miles are fantastic.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. clownrebel

Jan 23, 2020
    That sounds about right, lol. Us 4 numbers have the nice trucks with the table and chairs and big fridge, lol.

4. Nukem

Nukem Road Train Member

May 11, 2014
    Oh don't get things twisted... I have a '19 crapcadia as well with all the things you folks have. The numbering is just Averitt's way of telling the difference. The tractor is the same in all respects but the number. You can have your 2 weeks out... I'll go home at the end of the week.

Do I use the table and fold up chairs... H3ll no! it's too much of a PITA to get it set up, and with my mattress, I can barely get it to stay in the up position. I like to sleep comfortable so I have a 10" Temperpedic. :p

5. clownrebel

Jan 23, 2020
    Man, I love my freight. I have it set up like a tiny house in here, complete with pics of my husband and dog, lol. And it's all red and gray, of course. I opted for the 5 inch matress, but now I'm kinda jealous. Our stock matresses are worse than sleeping on the ground, so anything is better than that. I thought the doc bumpers got hand me down volvos Just kidding.

Yea, some of us stay out forever. Some of us rival OTL, lol. I know a couple people who quit after 6 months because they didn't like staying out (ummm ... you didn't think about that when you applied?). I get decent HT, though. And I usually enjoy my reset day, so I don't mind so much. Plus the job is actually enjoyable most of the time. The winter is brutal, though. If you want to know which truck is mine, just look for the muddiest one in the fleet. Pods sees a lot of snow, ice, and other wintery bliss. That part is starting get old. Southeast regional doesn't sound so boring when you have to beat the ice off your straps and chains. Ugh.

6. Kstrong86

Kstrong86 Medium Load Member

May 20, 2017
    Orlando, FL
    None of that sounds appealing at all. But I’m glad you guys are happy and enjoying life. Safe travels drivers.

7. clownrebel

Jan 23, 2020
    Haha, same to you! I think people should be honest about stuff. I love Averitt, and I won't leave the pods account until I am ready to get off the road, but I wouldn't someone to switch and then not like it here. I wouldn't want to do anything but all 48, and pods is truly the continuous 48. But those beautiful mountain drives in the summer can be a handful in the winter. And because we frequently do runs from one side of the country to the other, they do want you out for at least 3 weeks. The job is perfect for someone who loves the road and wants to get see different places. I have seen almost everything there is to see in the country on my resets. Our bosses are cool, we have a lot of freedom and lovely equipment and terminals, but we do stay out a while and the weather can be daunting in the winter. The mattress the was a cheap fix, so no griping here. My truck is so big and beautiful that I don't even care. Lol. To each his own, though. I definitely see your side if it, too. I see it a lot better when I have to leave my family and my dog and go back to work, and that's something peole shoumd really think about if they're considering this account.

Western flyer Thanks this.
  8. Michael H

Michael H Medium Load Member

Nov 3, 2015
    Arizona
    I'm on the PODS account for Blackhawk. For you Averitt drivers, is the stop pay as dismal as mine? (single digits) It's nice dealing with only the pods yard folks and no customers or cranky shippers/receivers. However, I'm not sure this is sustainable with the amount of free time I'm giving them.

Farva Thanks this.
  9. clownrebel

Jan 23, 2020

1. LOL, I just left Averitt for BH. I missed my dog so much, I decided to switch and give BH a try. Averitt is 20 per stop. But they have more paperwork and couple minor things that can eat in to your time. Otherwise the pay is the same (.49). Averitt gets better holiday and vacation pay, I believe. I would say they treat drivers really well, and if they had a pet policy, I would have retired from Averitt. Also, they forklift train you, so you can load yourself at hubs and at some customer locations if you want. Only pays 18 an hour, but it can get you more miles. Depending on how you like to work, there can be pros and cons to each.

A moment ago
      + QuoteReply
    • [​IMG]
      TRUCKING JOBS

Farva Thanks this.
  10. Michael H

Michael H Medium Load Member

Nov 3, 2015
    Arizona
    Get ready to regret that decision. $5 per stop and multiple stops. I'm sitting in Piedmont SC right now because the last pod for my load is still at the customer's home being loaded. I'm losing too much money to sitting and stops to make this profitable for me. I just told the dispatcher I'm giving the account 1 month to improve or I'm transferring divisions.

Farva Thanks this.
  11. Hottub

Hottub Light Load Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Ho
    How about some pics !!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.