Avoid kllm at all cost! Students stay away! Here are some facts!

Discussion in 'KLLM' started by KLLM_STAY_AWAY, Mar 24, 2013.

1. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Find the forum the post belongs in then post new topic and you will be good.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. blazerbaby

blazerbaby Light Load Member

Jul 21, 2017
    So basically all the trucking companies are using company drivers?

4. desperado75

desperado75 Medium Load Member

Nov 25, 2012
    allentown,pa
    Fyi just putting this out there. Starting 9/11 kllm has a new pay package for company OTR with a minimum of 6 months experience hire on at 40cpm with 1cpm raise every year for 10 years cap out at 50cpm. New lease and dedicated packages coming in January. Not to mention our lease operators have been using the new load board the last few months..js

5. desperado75

desperado75 Medium Load Member

Nov 25, 2012
    allentown,pa
    Lease driver are exploited more..js

6. Sleepyhead409

Sleepyhead409 Bobtail Member

Jul 24, 2016
    Groves, TX
    Is Kllm good for a refresher course training

7. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Refresher is not something to stress over. If you know alot from previous trucking, a refresher will be good to find the rust you got and remove it.

If I had to go today I'll cheerfully do the refresher, I already know where I am a little shaky on, such as the mandatory breaks in the HOS that never existed in my time for example. We dont do breaks lol.

8. dog-c

dog-c Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    New York, NY
    OP I started at .25 cpm at swift and lived on ramen noodles, do you really have something to complain about?

AllTruckedUp Thanks this.
  9. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Guess I now know why kllm drivers always seem to have the pedal on the floor .

10. haulit6272

haulit6272 Light Load Member

Jul 28, 2018
    I've always wondered what would happen if they tried to schedule you for the lease program information class and you said "I already know I'm not interested so there's no reason for me to attend." But I guess if it's part of a paid training class, I might as well sit there and listen. Might actually learn something more about what I know I don't want to do.
    I envision them taking drivers into a room one at time after the class and pressuring them to sign the lease papers, picking your brain by making you explain why you don't want to do it. I sure hope it's not like that. They should just do the class and say at the end, "if you're interested, come talk to us."
    I met a Volvo driver once who said it was his truck and he leased it back to the company he drove for, which sounds different than a driver leasing the company's truck. Don't know about how that works, but I haven't seen or heard of that anywhere else. Would like to know more about it. If leasing means paying for the company's truck, then leasing your truck to them should mean they're paying for YOUR truck. That sounds a lot better, like owning rental property where renters pay for your house instead of renting, where you pay for the landlord's house.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.