Avoid Truckers Paradise/houston

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by Fedxguy1951, Sep 26, 2007.

1. atlasvanlinesdog

atlasvanlinesdog Bobtail Member

Nov 9, 2012
    You are right,i remember a similar situation with another trucker, i was there fueling( my last time there btw), then this guy finished fuel, went inside to get his receipt, grabbed a cup of coffee, so when he was leaving the clerk(old dude with glasses), was yellin at him, we all were like wtf?, seriously dude? for 80 cents, i almost tell the prick i pay for hi's coffee, but nah, maybe he can felt offended, anyways, also i got my fuel stolen there, i live in houston and left my parked there, way in the back of the parking lot, about 2 days later, when i was ready to leave, what a surprise my fuel gauge empty? Hmm, got out of the truck, even they took the fuel caps, stay away from this place, parking lot ####, i almost got stocked one time, anyways, go to pilot, loves, anywhere exept this place,

Flip Flops Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. cuzzin it

cuzzin it Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2008
    Berea, KY
    i've never had any problems there, i started parking there after someone took off my hood with a DOT bumper at the Loves. Never thought it was a great place but no T/s in Houston is

4. Truckenstein

Truckenstein Light Load Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Little Rock, AR
    If u ever have to park at this place make sure u you have some type of weapon. I have heard many stories of truckers getting robbed! I have had no choice to park there a several times and I slept with my pistol under my pillow. Many companies will tell you it is against the law to carry in your this total bs there are no federal dot or fmcsa regulations preventing a trucker from carrying a gun for personal protection. It may be against company policy to protect yourself on the road thankfully my boss requires us to carry and requires us to have concealed carry permit. My concealed carry permit is from Arkansas and is recognized by Texas and many other states, however you do not need a concealed carry permit to carry in your truck you just need to know the laws of the state in which you are traveling. You may need to register your weapon with state police where you are traveling. I know New York, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Washington, and California have strange gun laws but I don't carry to the northeast, northwest, or California. By all means if by tire beater, knife or pistol protect yourself out there. I have yet to have to use and of draw my pistol and I never have to but it's loaded and read if needed

5. Truckenstein

Truckenstein Light Load Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Little Rock, AR
    O yeah and I can legally carry in Illinois though it cannot be concealed I can carry it it in my truck either in a locked gun case unloaded or not easily accessible unloaded with a tigger lock. You have apply for a nonresident foid card and they will grant a trucker one especially if you carry a hazmat endorsement or transport sensative material in and out of Illinois

6. ringmaster88

ringmaster88 Bobtail Member

Jul 19, 2013
    ??? Nerds should keep trucking. I had a GREAT time here. Thats all Im saying. :D

7. Lilbit

Lilbit Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Let me check my logbook
    Better yet, just avoid the whole Houston area! :biggrin_25522::biggrin_25522:

*J/K MT!!!!!*

8. atlasvanlinesdog

Nov 9, 2012
    LoL this post is from last year

9. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    That truckstop and great time shouldn't be used in the same sentence.......unless.....eww.

10. FatDaddy

FatDaddy Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Katy, TX or Swedesboro, NJ
    I live there and couldn't agree more

Lilbit Thanks this.
  11. atlasvanlinesdog

Nov 9, 2012
    Right, htown is not that bad, like any other big city, compared with NY, that's the worst of the worst, sh***ty roads, everything is too expen$$$ive, traffic sucks, anyways,

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.