Avoid Trucks For You (TFY) MUSKOGEE,OK

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Werewolf, Nov 11, 2008.

1. snowman28574

snowman28574 Bobtail Member

Nov 17, 2012
    Obviously something is wrong with the company!!! I been searching around cause things have been slowing down for the past few years where I am at. Anyways contacted TFY and they told me that they wouldn't hire me cause I lived too far away from Muskogee, I live in Alexandria Louisiana. This through me for a freaking loop cause Im in their hiring area and only been with this company for a little over 14 years. There response was "We go through a lot of drivers". That did not sound good at all and when I told them if I left TFY I would give a notice and return the equipment, "That is not TFY policy". ????? This was making no sense at all and was then told "Company policy is you lease through us, but we run as if they are company drivers, drivers do as they are told".
    Now this phone call was today and I don't know about anyone else but I would never drive for a crummy company such as this. And the recruiter never asked if I owned my own truck, which was clearly on my application.

TST65 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    I realize this is a little old, and the poster may not even be around any more....but this killed me:
    If there wasn't anything wrong with the company...I wish he'd have told us why he left after 6 years.

TST65 Thanks this.
  4. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Says the recruiter 3.5 years later....

5. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    Newest truck I've ever seen pulling a Trucks-For-You trailer is probably a 1994 Freightliner FLD-120; of course you can pay that $4,000 truck off quick. LOL! aah

TST65, Broke Down 69 and Lonesome Thank this.
  6. Meldatrucker

Meldatrucker Bobtail Member

Jan 31, 2018
    Suck company to work for, no way you’ll pay off a brand new truck off of .92 cents per mile. Anybody who leases & drive a truck for such low pay are out of their money mind. Then I hear the FSC is only like .22 cents lol! They’re beating the crap out their drivers. Then they take .075 cents out every mile the truck moves for maintenance & has no cap. You’ll do better just being a company driver somewhere & make more money. Avoid TFY their a joke

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
    TST65 Thanks this.
  7. markealy

markealy Road Train Member

Jun 20, 2013
    EL PASO
  8. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    These people are truly a joke. Their trailers are crap with only a few new ones. They have you do more sitting around than running.
    When your company has you sitting, don't dispare. Just get out of that box & do like these guys.

nightgunner and TST65 Thank this.
  9. Misesian

Misesian Road Train Member

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    I have a friend that leased there recently and he quit after only 6 weeks. His complaint was there was no central contact for him. He would get the run around to call this person or that person and no one seemed to know what this other person was talking about. He just sat a lot.
    They are still in business and their company equipment is pretty new.
    They pay mileage to owner ops and it’s too low in my opinion.
    They are operating primarily in the cross border trade segment. When you see companies with terminals in Laredo, Michigan, and the points in between on that lane; that is their primary business. I wouldn’t drive for a place that does that kind of work. It’s very cyclical.
    CalArk here in Arkansas operates in a similar fashion. I was a dispatcher there for their owner op side, Central Hauling, and saw a lot of guys go under. That kind of work is low pay and lots of miles. Someone is making money but it won’t be you.

TST65, markealy and Lonesome Thank this.
  10. TST65

TST65 Bobtail Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Tip of the hat to ya . Truth be spoken . I was a great Trucker , A driver's driver truly for 3.1 million accident ticket free miles (ya i did attorney out of a couple and that's how you do it imho)..Do any of ya'll think for a second that my a_s sitting in one of there many open driver seats would make a different ? No way. Be the same raw deal for me . Writing is on the wall .Read it .!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.