AWL/TLX Transport Mantua,OH

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Boes31, Sep 7, 2014.

1. Boes31

Boes31 Bobtail Member

Feb 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Does anyone out there have any experience with TLX? I have tried searching for some info but can't find anything on these guys. Website says they hire new CDL grads. Would like to find out if this is a reputable company to work for.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. baha

baha Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2013
    ga
    They will put you with a flatbed trainer till you can do everything on your own, they were carlton,then t. L. express, now bought out other CO. and are now running as T L X pay day is on time,mi. good after you learn E log.

Boes31 Thanks this.
  4. baha

baha Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2013
    ga
    They tell that pay will be 350$ per wk. while training.

5. azsigray

azsigray Bobtail Member

Jan 28, 2015
    Did you end up going to TLX

6. Nick2001

Nick2001 Bobtail Member

Jan 8, 2015
    Near Akron, Oh
    Hmm...let's see. 80 mph in a 65 mph. 75 in 55.... never once checked the load after securing it. Ran on illegal permits and never once did a PTI of any type over a 2 day period.

I'd say I'll pass.

7. girlsdrivetoo

girlsdrivetoo Light Load Member

Feb 3, 2012
    Toledo, Ohio
    I worked for them under T L Express in the late 90's. Worst money I EVER made driving a truck. I can't speak to how they are now. They have had several different names over the years, so that doesn't look good. Just my opinion.

8. northcoast

northcoast Bobtail Member

Apr 4, 2015
    70 in a 50 construction zone , trainer in truck. Trainee fired, trainer .. good to go. 3 second reaction time to vehicles in front at 65mph. " Need to keep up with traffic" in trainers opinion. Load checks ? No time for that nonsense. Trainees get chewed for going too slow through turnpike toll booths, even though trainer has to stop 50% of the time because gates can't react fast enough. Could go on & on. You get the point. Trainers are largely road rage prone cowboys trying to make super trucker impression on new guy. Do as they say or you get poor review. These guys are TRAINED to be dangerous. If there, move on, if not I'd avoid if you value your CDL, your safety & the safety of others on the road.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2015
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.