Back on the Rail with JB Hunt

Discussion in 'Intermodal Trucking Forum' started by UturnGirl, Nov 30, 2018.

1. UturnGirl

UturnGirl Road Train Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Texas
    Well I worked my 5 days, 2 orientation, 1 ride along and 2 on my own and then got my 2 days off. I'm discombobulated. I don't know how to be at home for 2 days after such a short time out without feeling guilty and a little panic.
    I'm trying not to let myself get too enthusiastic about this job. I hate setting myself up for disappointment.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Time off is easy! I just took 3 weeks off. I'm looking so forward to retirement.

Oxbow and UturnGirl Thank this.
  4. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    Time off? Look at it as an early installment on your retirement...while you're still young enough to enjoy it.

bigguns, Oxbow and UturnGirl Thank this.
  5. Sirscrapntruckalot

Sirscrapntruckalot Road Train Member

Sign of wisdom along with realizing your own mortality.

The wise ones know the real treasures in life, an it isn't found on a check or a bank account. Money don't equal happy and satisfying life. Look at rich people...a lot are miserable ######## that would sell you, their mother, and 15 kitten souls for a couple more bucks in their wallet..

Money is important, don't get me wrong...but somethings are far more important.

Work to live. Don't live to work. Or somesuch nonsense.

Sirscrapntruckalot - I guess it's not what you take when you leave this world behind you, it's about what you leave behind you when you go. - Randy Travis, 3 Wooden Crosses

6. Sirscrapntruckalot

Sirscrapntruckalot Road Train Member

Before finding new Uturngirl thread..
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sirscrapntruckalot - Someday's...you just want a big bat and people to turn into baseballs.

7. UturnGirl

Jan 16, 2010
    Texas
    @Dave_in_AZ ... While home I didn't shave anything..but I did get out the tweezers and pull the man hairs from my chin.

8. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Nair?

bigguns Thanks this.
  9. UturnGirl

Jan 16, 2010
    Texas
    OMG I tried that once. It left the man hairs but took the skin. I looked like I had taken a face dive on the pavement.

10. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    LOL

11. Cybercat

Cybercat Medium Load Member

Oct 17, 2014
    East Tn
    Happy December Girl. Read whole thread seems your stuck on JBhunt . Hope it's not too much a shock when first month is done.
    Remember I got your back up plan.
    44 cents a mile is starting pay at many companies. How soon are your raises and how much?
    When hubby did ODFL he went from their dock to their trucks at 46 cents. But got increases every 3 months till he was at top. Every year everyone got raises too. Equity was a huge drop in pay till we did the lease purchase. But you know that story.
    Wish you good fortune for December.

bigguns and UturnGirl Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.