Back on the road. Lease purchase with JB Hunt

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by UturnGirl, Oct 28, 2017.

1. dngrous_dime

dngrous_dime Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2014
    Lansing area, MI
    That is indeed one way to look at it.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. UturnGirl

UturnGirl Road Train Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Texas
    View attachment 249882
    He can call me Flower if he wants to.

15500ba69a487076ab4099b7e02b3d8c.gif

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
    Reason for edit: Add something
  4. Sirscrapntruckalot

Sirscrapntruckalot Road Train Member

That would have been better if you had used "darling" instead of flower.

I was going to ask if you meant the cats or the carrier. I forgot about a tire being involved. I like the idea of a tire bumper in the front. You could have a lot of fun screwing with drivers from Swift or somewhere. I could give you ideas on how but I like not incriminating myself or being an accessory.

An this is why I enjoy this thread...lol.

Sirscrapntruckalot - Load sixteen tons, and what do you get? Another day older and deeper in debt. - Sixteen Tons - Tennessee Ernie Ford

UturnGirl, popcorn169 and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  5. UturnGirl

Jan 16, 2010
    Texas
    2 things wrong with that statement. 1st in order to be effective it must be pronounced Darlin' with a deep slow baritone. 2nd he does not have permission to call me darlin'. He's clearly not my type.

7-UP, Cybercat, Dave_in_AZ and 3 others Thank this.
  6. Nolagirl

Nolagirl Bobtail Member

Oct 20, 2018
    Hi Uturngirl, Ive read this entire post...im contemplating going to JB Hunt...im at KLLM now doing a lease....doing pretty good...i previously leases at Hirschbach and did well there...but they mico-managed sooooo much...JB Hunt is appealing to me because of the load board and percentage pay...knowing what you know now would you recommend JB Hunt...im looking to make $1800-$2200 a week, consistenly...is that possible? Thats what i was making at Hirschbach...Also i didn't get approved through Tel App so im getting the truck through Earvin leasing...ever heard of them...i know your busy, but just let me know Uturngirl when you get a minute. Have a great weekend!

7. UturnGirl

Jan 16, 2010
    Texas
    I like JB. They absolutely do not micro manage. However if your truck has an on guard or similar collision prevention doodad that converses with peoplenet the computer is very annoying. My truck does not have that so I'm a very happy camper.
    When you say $2000 a week so you mean before or after you hold out your taxes? Rates have dropped this quarter so its been pretty dismal...a full 1/3 less than last quarter. But so far have grossed (before anything taken out) 175k for the year. That's an a average of $4166 gross weekly and I was down almost 2 months with my first bad (lemon) lease truck so really it would have been more.
    JB has a really good fuel discount and decent insurance rates. Plus I chose to buy a $60 a week flat toll plan that pays for every toll trucks are allowed to take...even Texas express lanes.
    From the board you get 65% plus 100% fuel surcharge.
    They keep me running but like I said so far this quarter has been slow and cheap. I hope this helps.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
    Reason for edit: Add something
    7-UP, Dave_in_AZ and Opus Thank this.
  8. UturnGirl

Jan 16, 2010
    Texas
    Here come the guys that gross 20k a week....

jeff18, homeskillet, 7-UP and 4 others Thank this.
  9. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    I actually load a dry van JB Hunt posted load today. 700 hundred mile run for $2,100. NorCal to WA

Not too bad ;-)

UturnGirl Thanks this.
  10. UturnGirl

Jan 16, 2010
    Texas
    I get some goodies like that running Arkansas to Maryland.

Scooter Jones Thanks this.
  11. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Every now and again I haul something for them. When I do, it's in that $3.00 per mile average. Most of the time though that "Book it now" rate on the 360 app are pretty low for my liking.

UturnGirl Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.