Back on the road. Lease purchase with JB Hunt

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by UturnGirl, Oct 28, 2017.

1. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Are those panties I see in that laundry pile?

UturnGirl Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    LMFAO

UturnGirl Thanks this.
  4. UturnGirl

UturnGirl Road Train Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Texas
    ??? You do laundry??? Did you run out of underpants?

Sirscrapntruckalot and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  5. UturnGirl

Jan 16, 2010
    Texas
    The Honey syndrome. Mechanic: "Do you know how much a carborator costs, Honey?" Me: "Well, a rebuilt carborator costs $250. I imagine a carborator honey costs about $100 more."
    As a young woman I've always been small cute and blonde. Now that I'm "seasoned" I'm a cute little old lady and I've suffered from the H word my whole life. If I get assertive with the manly masters of the mechanical world the usual response is, "Now take it easy, Honey." This tends to make me homicidal.
    One of the cables that hold up my air tank broke and rather than jerry-rig it I decided to pay what I figured would be around $100 for TA to put a new one on. After the obligatory 3 hour wait to pull into the shop the mechanic fooled around under there for five minutes and then began wandering the shop doing whatever it is they do when there's nothing to do. After nearly an hour I got out looked under my truck and saw he had cynched it back up with 2 bungee tarp straps. I went in spoke to cashier. "Oh yes that's done. That'll be $75, HONEY."
    After I responded with "!!!!!!!!!" And endured several "Now calm down, Honey"s, I told him I would go away if he made it $50. For 2 $2.99 straps and 5 minutes under the truck. As if I couldn't have just done that #@!# myself.
    I imagine some of you guys have suffered from the Buddy syndrome. "Now take it easy, Buddy...."

6. Wickedfire77

Wickedfire77 Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Northern, Michigan
    “How did you know his name was Buddy?”

Sirscrapntruckalot and UturnGirl Thank this.
  7. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    No guy has ever called me buddy ... it's always sir. On the other hand it always cracks me up when the twenty something or less waitress/cashier calls me honey/dear/sweetie.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
    TripleSix and UturnGirl Thank this.
  8. Cybercat

Cybercat Medium Load Member

Oct 17, 2014
    East Tn
    Don't you just want to deck the ahole. Honey is hubby not some other person calling me that condescending. You should have just fixed it yourself and saved the money.

9. UturnGirl

Jan 16, 2010
    Texas
    I would have done it myself if I just wanted to hang it from a couple bungees!

10. UturnGirl

Jan 16, 2010
    Texas
    I had an encounter with a driver who wanted to right turn into a truck stop I was coming out of and he was sure I had to move before he could do it. I didn't want to make my turn until he moved because I had to cross busy traffic to make a left. The drive was so wide a team of 6 elephants abreast could have done it. He had the lane he was in plus the right turn lane he should have been in plus the lane he was trying to turn into, but he just kept waving me to go. I thought i must be mistaken about where i was positioned so I looked and heck i was 4 feet away from the center line. He nearly had a heart attack signalling me to go. Finally I was satisfied a car wasn't going to appear going 100 miles an hour in the lane on the other side of him and went but by then he had some new gestures for me. I think he thought I was number 1. What was he doing driving all by himself if he couldn't make that turn?

11. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    You'll have that in this business.
    I know when I get fatigued, my patience level drops as does my level of sympathy and understanding. Think it happens to everyone.
    That's the beauty of TTR, ultimate place to talk and vent, with people that can perfectly relate.
    Take two corndogs, and call me in the morning.

UturnGirl Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.