Back on the road. Lease purchase with JB Hunt

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by UturnGirl, Oct 28, 2017.

1. UturnGirl

UturnGirl Road Train Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Texas
    I will check them out. Thanks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. win-some-loose-less

win-some-loose-less Medium Load Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Mount Vernon tx
    It was a decent show at first, the last 2 seasons sucked and got way to political, you know, the wrong kind of political, the goofy left.. lol

4. UturnGirl

Jan 16, 2010
    Texas
    Once again much too busy to rest much on home time but enjoyed my night on the town and am much refreshed. Sadly had to spend first day in shop getting new brake drums on front and new slack adjusters all around. I went to tdi shop next to Driver's Truck stop fort worth (good food!).
    I like the way tdi did business. They did a "triage" as soon as I came in and gave me a time and a rough estimate and stuck to it.
    I'm withholding judgement though because now I have a nasty shimmy I didn't have before. I hope its not something awful as a result of new drums. I'm so torn because I don't have any downtime to spare right now or a lot of maintenance money.
    A word on Schneider truck..which mine is. They put oversize brakes on their tractors and they don't use standard shoes. Turns out new brake pads that came with tractor were wrong size and scored drums which is why I needed new drums.

Dave_in_AZ, 7-UP and taodnt Thank this.
  5. UturnGirl

Jan 16, 2010
    Texas
    Rain rain rain. Not a nice Scottish rain as in Braveheart but hard drowning rain. Shut down at truck stop-shop to have them fix the brake job they did. Something is awful wrong. We will find out what it is in morning. Fried chicken and Netflix .

6. mover man

mover man Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2010
    Any word yet on what the problem is? You said truck came with oversize brakes. Did you convert back to standard size. So you could avoid possible future problems?

7. UturnGirl

Jan 16, 2010
    Texas
    No they replaced with same size. They charged me over an hour's labor to diagnose new problem. They wanted 2 hours but I threw a fit so they cut it down. they will also reduce that further when they do the work I am going to have them do..All 6 shocks are dead..I suspected as much..but also steer tires are out of round and they just hit critical mass coincidentally. I believe it. They said tires are defective but they were put on new by lease company as part of prep and bcl will not consider prorating so no joy. I could try going directly to Goodyear dealer but tdi quoted a darn good price for new ones mounted balanced etc. However their diagnosis also revealed transmission seal leaking and both input and output bearings from power divider lots of play. Sooo because power train under warrantee took to freightliner to address that. We will see how much the warrantee covers. I figured since at fl shop have them fix clutch switch (also under warrantee hopefully). But they can't look at it until Friday. Big hit. Big loss. Haven't been running long enough to build up a substantial war chest so very nerve wracking. I think bcl is going to help out some. I will have answers Friday.
    If I can get all of the above done I should be set. If I can't I don't know what I'll do because all are necessary for safety. I am going to hope for best possible outcome. Stay tuned for updates...

Dave_in_AZ and Western flyer Thank this.
  8. mover man

mover man Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2010
    Yikes that's a lot. I believe those seals going is pretty much standard on a freight shaker. (Had that same problem on every FL I had since 1987). As long as you are doing all 6 shocks, might as well do the 2 cab shocks also. And check out the airbags, at a minimum make sure the height adjustment valve is adjusted right. As time goes on you will discover, shocks, airbags, leveking valve are easy. You can do yourself. Or have any male friend/relative do it for you. No special tools needed. Hell I bet to could get another driver to do or help you do it. In truckstop parking lot (might have to pay for buffet)

UturnGirl Thanks this.
  9. UturnGirl

Jan 16, 2010
    Texas
    Cab shocks and airbags checked out ok. Rust was cause of shock failure. Ate holes through thus sudden appearance even tho I knew it was coming just trying to milk another week or two out of em.

10. HighwayD

HighwayD Light Load Member

Nov 15, 2017
    Pennsylvania
    Chiming in a little late on this but I agree with you totally. I'm disgusted with the fact that anyone would condescend to you just for sharing your experience on YOUR thread.

I genuinely appreciate you sharing your experience. I wish you much success and thank you so much for sharing. It takes guess to lease, it takes even more to share.

RERM, Dave_in_AZ, 7-UP and 2 others Thank this.
  11. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    I agree and am pulling for you

Dave_in_AZ, 7-UP and UturnGirl Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.