Back on the road. Lease purchase with JB Hunt

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by UturnGirl, Oct 28, 2017.

1. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    I think it has a lot to do with if it's warranty or cash. Warranty, Freightliner or Detroit is paying the bill and it won't be at $150 an hour. On the other hand, cash is cash and cash is good......so you go to the front of the line.
    I spent 7 days at Peachstate Freightliner to get my clutch adjusted, PM, and my bunk heater working. 7 days later, I left with the bunk heater still not working
    Dealers pretty much suucckk if you're under warranty

dunchues, Dave_in_AZ, Cybercat and 2 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cybercat

Cybercat Medium Load Member

Oct 17, 2014
    East Tn
    Hope you get straightened out soon.

Dave_in_AZ and UturnGirl Thank this.
  4. driverdriver

driverdriver Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    Call their corporate office next time before you leave. I had to do that once in Reno. Not only did they make it right the manager dang near pleaded with me to call corporate back so they would remove the black mark from that locations file, lol.
    I said okay but never did it, had no intention of calling them back.

5. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Yeah, he's right. Calling corporate will get results if you find the right guy

6. driverdriver

driverdriver Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    All I did was call and ask for customer service and filed my complaint. Was told right then on the phone what was taking place was unacceptable.
    Honestly I thought I was just getting lip service but them dealers apparently fear them black marks on their file.
    At least this one did, lol.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
    UturnGirl Thanks this.
  7. UturnGirl

UturnGirl Road Train Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Texas
    Ok..here's where we are. I sat from 3/28 until 4/9 while freightliner and bcl leasing fuharted around arguing over warrantee. Fl installed new starter instead of clutch switch (so still having hit n miss cranking and failed to relatch battery box..just sayin') , a new transmission housing and some seals. They checked trailer harness and determined nothing is wrong with left turn flasher (even tho it still gets stuck on) and said there is no play in differential bearings (even tho truck still chatters some going down road) plus on guard no longer works (yay) but neither does cruise (rats). Price tag? $2350 ... Vaseline..gratis.
    Then I took truck to Crowley tire who treated me very well and installed 6 pretty yellow shocks 1 premium steer tire balance both steers and an alignment (man! Was is ever out of alignment). Price tag $1250. Finally on the road Wednesday am. And pretty disgruntled.
    Bcl fought me every inch of the way and I think they would have left me hang out to dry if Jb hadn't stepped up and raised the roof.
    I still love Jb. I am unhappy with bcl and I have decidedly evil thoughts about premier freightliner fort worth.

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  8. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    A lot of dealers (most) suck big time .....

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  9. UturnGirl

UturnGirl Road Train Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Texas
    Im getting that impression. I wonder if there is any difference between different brands..say peterbilt or kenworth over freightliner. How about rush truck centers? Anybody?

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  10. Western flyer

Western flyer Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2014
    I don't know what's worst.
    3600 repair bill,
    Two weeks lost income, or
    No cruise control.

Opus, Dave_in_AZ and UturnGirl Thank this.
  11. Western flyer

Western flyer Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Your lucky. I thought the bill was going
    To be a whole lot worse.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.