Back on the road

Discussion in 'Swift' started by hunterdog, Oct 31, 2008.

1. hunterdog

hunterdog Bobtail Member

Oct 31, 2008
    yadkinville nc
    Going back to driving (not since 1993) have to go school I know it is what you make of it where ever you are at, but just wanted info about the company GOOD and BAD THANKS

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bigarmin88

Bigarmin88 Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2008
    Tampa Bay Fl
    The only few starter companies I know of that is not to bad is FFE out of Dallas Tx,Trams am and May trucking.Check them out,see what people say about them.Good luck and drive safe.

hunterdog Thanks this.
  4. mademistakesb4

mademistakesb4 Light Load Member

Oct 10, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Prime Inc. has a really good program and the drivers there who are willing to work and be professional are making a good living. Avoid Swift, CR England, and Knight Transportation like the plague. Werner and a few others should be looked at only as a last resort.

hunterdog Thanks this.
  5. desert_son

desert_son Light Load Member

Mar 27, 2008
    Liberty Hill, Tx
    I drove for Swift for 3 years had good miles, paid on time, was always reimbursed, hometime everytime I requested. Will be going back this week.

The Challenger Thanks this.
  6. .357magnum

.357magnum Light Load Member

Nov 7, 2008
    Holmes Pa
    Wow! i am in the same boat Hunter. Haven't driven since 94, but lost my job as a carpenter. This economy stinks for construction. Trying to decide how to do this after all this time. Not going to do what i did last time, with J.B. hunt that,s for sure.

7. hunterdog

hunterdog Bobtail Member

Oct 31, 2008
    yadkinville nc
    357 it is hard to make a decision everyone bashing different companies but just have to go for it and do the best job that i can do keep a positive attitude. things will get better for everyone in time it always does. WE LIVE IN A GREAT COUNTRY!!!

8. .357magnum

.357magnum Light Load Member

Nov 7, 2008
    Holmes Pa
    I know, everybody hates everyone they work for.....lol
    I have been reseaching, a few names have my interest......Crete, Heartland Express. Well couple anyway. They are hiring for northeast regional work i think. Almost like starting over again. Eyes open this time though. Looking into refresher course with a tech school near me. Good luck to you Hunterdog.
    Diversity is part of life. We will survive.

9. hunterdog

hunterdog Bobtail Member

Oct 31, 2008
    yadkinville nc
    may start dec. 1 have been talking with wife might wait till jan. 1 after holidays have to talk with company to see their oppion on that still working at the present time as car salesman but just about to go hungery lol

10. hunterdog

hunterdog Bobtail Member

Oct 31, 2008
    yadkinville nc
    i am exited about going back out on the road i do have my goals set for what ineed to do for my family and my self they are the most important thing to me i know i willnot get rich but i do know i can make a better life for us

11. Birdeye56

Birdeye56 Light Load Member

Dec 7, 2008
    NY
    Sounds like me! I have been out since the early 80's and got my CDL-"A" with N&T last month and waiting for either Swift or USA to get into orientation and start all over again,this time I have a family and lost my Electrical Contractor position here in NYS.....Good Luck!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.