Bad Bad Carrier

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by 3MillionMiles, Apr 30, 2017.

1. 3MillionMiles

3MillionMiles Bobtail Member

Apr 30, 2017
    I retired a couple years ago. Wanted to take some time at home doing things I never had much time to do after many safe years on the road.
    A local company was looking for drivers so I applied. What a disaster. On the first trip on my way to pick a load in Las Vegas going to Penn the heat was not working,,called the boss Marcel Pontbriand he told me to open the hood and turn on the heater water valves,,OK but the hood had no springs took everything I had to open the hood on the Peterbilt.
    When hire I told them I do not tarp because I have a bad shoulder,,OK they said..Well first load had to be tarped,,Drove hard to get to Penn to unload late Thursday afternoon just before Good Friday. On the way Thursday they told me they had a backhaul to load so call when I get unloaded. Got unloaded, rolled up the tarp and put all the equipment away by 6PM local, The Bosses wife (the one who wears the pants) told me that I had to hurry and get to Bethlehem, Penn to reload and they would be there until 7:30 PM,,I was in Morgantown, Penn 65 miles away. Told Valerie I only had less than one hour left to run that day and it would take at least 2 hrs to get there .She kept telling me I could make it in a hour, I told her no way
    and I would also reach my 14hr limit for the day before I got there,She kept telling me I had to load that evening because the shipper would be closed for Good Friday.. I told he I would not run illegal and she got very pissed.. Anyway as the story goes I waited till the following Monday to load and return to Pahrump,NV.Load was not ready and took 4 hrs to load,secure and tarp.Well as well all know BAD CARRIERS will also screw you on pay and they did,
    Agreement when hire was (cheap) 42 cnts/miles for all miles loaded and empty. They shorted me over 500 miles,,even shorter as the bird flies.

DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY THEY WANT YOU TO RUN ILLEGAL, THEIR TRUCKS ARE CRAP AND THEY AS ########
    The owners Marcel Pontibriand and his wife I found out searching on the net fled Canada a few years ago after he was convicted of practicing medicine with out a license, investment fraud and Marcel is a cult leader,
    They moved to Pahrump,NV after Canadian authorities took 10 children away form them in Arizona where they fled to after leaving Canada.
    They have a trucking company and truck repair business here and have about 20 French Canadian cult followers working for them,,They are not paid and their cult leader takes care of them
    Marcel has a Peterbilt that is customized and he has won several truck shows,,He is like the Rasheesh cult leader in Oregon years ago who bought 93 Rolls Royces with money he made off his cult followers,

The company is called Top Notch Carrier LLC,,look up Marcel Pontibriand on the net,amazing the stuff this wacko con artist and his wife have gotten away with. The only run 3 trucks and have gone thru 12 drivers in the past 12 months,,
    I did file a formal complaint with Federal Motor Carrier Admin.

Top Notch Carrier LLC Pahrump, NV they lie,cheat and run illegal and have junk trucks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    1). If you were "retired", why go back over the road?
    2). If you have a bad shoulder, why go with flatbed?
    3). You'd rather sit 3 days than break the 14 hour rule by 15 minute? (It doesn't take 2 hours to go 65 miles...even in Pennsylvania)
    4). Did you learn a lesson?
    5). Enjoy your retirement.

4. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
  5. The Big T

The Big T Medium Load Member

Jan 22, 2012
    New Hampshire
  6. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    If this nut job is as crazy as they say he is I'm surprised the Canadian authorities haven't requested an extradition warrant for him.

Crusader66 Thanks this.
  7. Midnightrider909

Midnightrider909 Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2016
    This guy is no worse than most trucking company owners.

Rusty Trawler and Crusader66 Thank this.
  8. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
    They hiring......?

:p

Rusty Trawler, BigTennOTR and Lonesome Thank this.
  9. 3MillionMiles

Apr 30, 2017
    I was hauling a step deck and hired to haul equipment not flatbed freight,as far as retirement I like working and driving, agreement was that I would only work the road a couple weeks a month,
    obviously you ever traveled in two lanes roads in the middle of PA, as for violating regs for an other $30? I have over 3 1/2 million miles running with my own authority mostly oversize loads and I made money running legal, An accident and prof that a driver was running illegal can get big fines, loose a CDL and maybe jail time,,anyone that runs illegal is a fool,if you can't make a good living ,and it did, then raise your rates or get out of trucking

10. 3MillionMiles

Apr 30, 2017
  11. 3MillionMiles

Apr 30, 2017
    they might be,,Canadian laws are very liberal and much easier on crooks than the US it's why Canada is so screwed up, he did an investment scam for or $250,000 Canadian (probably only worth$100 US..He was like Bernie Madoff

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.