Bad company won’t let me quit. Advice?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by StoneDef, Aug 22, 2020.

1. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    If you are under a load and quit before its delivered (even if you take the truck to a terminal) they will gig your DAC. Deliver any load you are under and then quit, even if dead heading back to a terminal. Also do not quit under dispatch (even if you haven't picked up the load yet).

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Hazmat Cat

Hazmat Cat Medium Load Member

Oct 18, 2019
    Lmao these stories are always great

buddyd157 and Wasted Thyme Thank this.
  4. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    Get a load near your home. Drop off the load and dont get the next load. Bobtail to your home and clean out the truck. Take the truck to the last destination and tell them thankyou for the fun. They will kick and scream at you. They did at me as well, they threatened all sorts of rude things. In the end they didnt bother. Some one else got to reclaim the truck from a conway yard. Granted they couldnt figure out to pay me while I was working for them.
    505801-R1-13-9A.jpg Conway.jpg

Sirscrapntruckalot and alds Thank this.
  5. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    When I was out there with Western Express? There was a driver that had requested to let him leave. He was still driving for them 3 months afterr requesting termination. Good luck

NightWind and Sirscrapntruckalot Thank this.
  6. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    When I worked for them, I didn't even tell them I was leaving. I had a cross country run from CA to Montgomery, AL. I drove the load all the way to the Birmingham terminal. I never delivered the load. I got a ride home Birmingham. I figure it was no big deal since I got it within 100 miles from delivery.

7. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    "Just slip out the back, Jack, make a new plan, Stan, no need to be coy, Roy, just listen to me",,,, I'm done, keys are in the fuel tank,,:biggrin_25522:

8. Cattleman84

Cattleman84 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho
    Deliver your load so all current dispatches are complete... Then drive straight to nearest terminal. Park right outside of the front office window. Walk to office door, open it far enough to smile politely at the receptionist, toss the keys on her desk. Walk off the property and get a plane/train/or bus ticket home. No words even need to be exchanged.

9. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    And there are drivers who say "always give the company notice that you are quitting". This is what happens sometimes when you do.

scottied67, Brettj3876, Numb and 6 others Thank this.
  10. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I wonder who started that rumor about a two week notice?
    Not true at all.

tommymonza, Numb, austinmike and 3 others Thank this.
  11. Bandit2910

Bandit2910 Bobtail Member

May 6, 2020
    When I left the company I’m with now I just waited until I was going home for home time then cleaned out my truck and drove it to their terminal with my wife following me and left keys in it then let my fleet manager know that I turned the truck back in and where it was, it was all good. Two years later they rehired me and I’m still with them no hard feelings.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.