bad mpg what to do?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by nunofreddy, Jun 3, 2014.

1. freightlinerman

freightlinerman Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2011
    Florida
    Correct. It wont be an issue, because if you get a good rate, having a truck with no power is okay. Lets not forget, you're making so much money, that 4.25 MPG is okay in a Columbia. "A fool and his money soon part ways." I make so much money, I call the lot lizards over and pay them to wash my truck and grease it. That's what I call full service. Why? Because I don't haul cheap freight and I have plenty of money to throw around. Now if you'll excuse me I have a game of Three Monte to go play.

Shardrk, RERM and MichianaFlat Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Richter

Richter Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Philadelphia Pa
    This always kills me to hear. What you make is abased on 2 numbers. Income and expense. Yes, hauling good freght makes high expenses tolerable, but why not reduce them so you can keep more of that high freght money. Working on one without the other is just a waste of effort.

4. rbrtwbstr

rbrtwbstr Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2012
    in the bush somewhere
    Geez.....just a joke! Calm down people. Now if you'll excuse me, its time for another mint julep. Have a good weekend everyone!

5. Freightlinerbob

Freightlinerbob Road Train Member

Jan 15, 2012
    West Coast B.C.
    60 posts until this was said. A new record I think.

leftlanetruckin and Richter Thank this.
  6. nunofreddy

nunofreddy Light Load Member

Jun 3, 2014

Thanks for the advice im checking everything on monday mechanics were busy today luckily im home. I know it has to be a electrical or dpf problem cause my engine sounds good and doesn't shake just feels sluggish

7. Richter

Richter Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Philadelphia Pa
    I've had no shakes , normal sound and sluggishness just from clogged air filter. In my experience, when the motor cant get enough air it keeps the mix right and thus derates the motor. it just feels like you cant put the peddle far enough down, but sounds and acts normal.

Since this is the second time i suggested its not electrical, I wont be posting more since i'm on thin ice with the mods for arguing lol. Good luck on getting it fixed. Hope its not DPF, that will be pricy

8. trees

trees Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2010
    This is good advice, and not just any Detroit dealer, find a good one....

nunofreddy Thanks this.
  9. nunofreddy

nunofreddy Light Load Member

Jun 3, 2014

No its ok im taking all the advice as I can thank you I dont care what it is or what it costs the point is to fix it and work hard and make some money its the second truck I owned and new to this dpf crap I had a Mercedes engine on a columbia it was 06 I upgraded so I can have a more reliable truck that will last longer but hopefully I find the solution I will let you guys know on monday if they find the problem so in future anybody experiences what I went through know what it is

10. trees

trees Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2010
    Freightliner is the absolute last place I'd take a dpf Detroit. You will wait days to get it in, the guys in the shop will guess which parts to replace and will charge you for every mistaken part they wrongly replace. Take it to the people who know it best, Detroit Diesel. If you don't feel comfortable with what the first place says, thank them and take it to a different dealer and get a second opinion.

Battle Born and nunofreddy Thank this.
  11. trees

trees Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2010
    Could be something as simple as a turbo boost pressure sensor, about $30 for the part, takes about a minute to install.

RERM and nunofreddy Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.