Bad time to get in

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Dino soar, Jan 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dino soar

Dino soar Road Train Member

Dec 8, 2017
    Now is a bad time to get in, in my opinion. I have spoken with several account managers and others and right now things are like a house of cards.

Plus a new administration could have a real effect on the economy itself.

When the vaccine is out and covid is under control, that will also have a big effect.

I say this because there are not enough threads on the reality of the current climate. Right now it's like a pyramid scheme, where you see the guys at the top getting paid, so you jump in... and then it falls apart.

Maybe if you have a great plan, alot of money, you live meagerly, and will have no payments on anything???... but especially if you have a great job or will really leverage yourself, stay where you are for now.

A lot of uncertainty at the moment.

Always seek good advice before doing anything. That's the best advice of all.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Beaver9

Beaver9 Heavy Load Member

Jun 15, 2020
    I started last year. I believe this year might be even worse before it will get better. So much unknown at this point.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
  4. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    If all else fails just buy a curtainside and hit the pnw region. Lots of big money up there hauling lumber!! Recession proof!

5. xsetra

xsetra Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2011
    Now could be the best time to go Owner operator!
    Depends on person and circumstances.

6. AKDoug

AKDoug Medium Load Member

Mar 21, 2018
    Not sure if that's true. If the housing market crashes, so does lumber. If other parts of the economy crash, DIY projects pretty much come to a halt.

joey8686, D.Tibbitt and 77fib77 Thank this.
  7. LDLWells

LDLWells Heavy Load Member

Jan 14, 2019
    Stop telling yourself this lie and you might start being able to think for yourself. I could give you the numbers but you won't listen because you "believe".

8. 77fib77

77fib77 Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2010
    St Louis
    I know right? One sector falls then they all start fall one after another. It's kind of like where do I want to be. Idk. Buy a new truck or not. Short answer keep old truck one foot in front of the other.

FHA mortgage forbearance got pushed out a year. So FHA mortgages holders can choose not to pay, for any reason. The assumption is the Fannie and Freddie notes will be pushed out too. So house prices keep on climbing, since existing houses don't come back into the market. Therefore inventory stays low from lack of evictions.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
  9. 401-Alex

401-Alex Light Load Member

Nov 25, 2013
    If you look at how many used trailers are available for sale it gives you an idea of the trailer capacity added. Im not for paranoia but i see a worse then 2019 in the near future way too many carriers. A lot of green. Company's and carriers lot's of debt. Lots of rookies went out and bought a job and not a clue about the truck or the business and leased to a company or they just haul amazon and create a sub leased fleet to amazon to make the market look tighter but amazon is booking loads and brokering them to the sub fleet. Overall we have change in the wind. All depends on how it blows will decide how it hits and where

bzinger, MTN Boomer and JonJon78 Thank this.
  10. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    At the worst, you'll pull for 1.05 a mile awhile and pray that others sink quicker than you.

Or better you'll hole up like a badger for the cold season and wait for spring. You had a few months to grow some fat.

86scotty and 401-Alex Thank this.
  11. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.