Bad turn signal 385 Peterbilt!!!! Need hep!!!!

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by Yee-Haul, May 25, 2019.

1. Yee-Haul

Yee-Haul Bobtail Member

May 25, 2019
    Hey their truckers

I’m having a issue with my right side of my turn Signals, lights work just don’t flash. Neither do right side brake lights. Had a mechanic fix it but as soon as I got a couple miles down they went off again. Took it back to the mechanic and couldn’t find no broken or open wires. Now it’s just burning the fuse and I replace it on repeat.Have all LED lights except the front turn signals if that makes any difference. Any help will do if you have any information with this issue thanks!!!!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Goodysnap

Goodysnap Road Train Member

Jul 12, 2017
    While moving the turn stalk pull up and push down while moving it and have a buddy watch. If they come in and out. Dead giveaway.......bad TSS contacts.

pushbroom and Yee-Haul Thank this.
  4. Cattleman84

Cattleman84 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho
    Kinda sounds like a short circuit between marker/tail circuits and the blinker/brake circuits.

5. Yee-Haul

Yee-Haul Bobtail Member

May 25, 2019
    Yeah I tried moving the wires around while parked to see if it will blow the fuse to see if theirs any kind of short but wouldn’t work. But as soon as I’m driving it works but seems the more I use it or longer I have it on it will go off blow the fuse. Light will still work just not blink and light indicating right turn come on.

6. Yee-Haul

Yee-Haul Bobtail Member

May 25, 2019
    Only while driving and putting the right signal can I make the right side go out (as in no longer flashes). So I just keep replacing the fuse in order to keep driving. Can a loose bulb cause this?

7. Rholl

Rholl Bobtail Member

May 28, 2019
    Check the relay

Yee-Haul Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.