Bait Truck

Discussion in 'Truckers News' started by JonJon78, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    It’s not.
    I used to think the other way, I was wrong.
    Austin Indiana has a big drug problem and had a bigger transmittable disease problem.
    They changed the laws so that the state could do needle exchanges.
    I live in Indiana and my taxes didn’t go up, it saved peoples lives and why not?

3. smokey12

smokey12 Road Train Member

May 30, 2012
    I heard a dj on a hip hop station today whining about it saying you can't bait deer with corn do how can you bait humans?? Well the #### deer aint doin nothin wrong..Good Lord the insanity of these folks always playing the victim..

Bean Jr. and Gearjammin' Penguin Thank this.
  4. Swiss Mountain Dog

Swiss Mountain Dog Medium Load Member

Apr 4, 2018
    Texas
    The problem in San Francisco (since that's the example city being cited) is the huge numbers of used needles being left all over the city that were provided at tax payer expense.

Those things are filthy and contaminated with the drug abusers' diseases and rather than being hoarded by the drug abusers, they are now out there in the public space in even greater numbers. Where innocent, non drug abusers can be exposed - like the elderly or children or homeless.

Personally, I see no benefit to subsidizing the tools that drug abusers use to get high. Needles now... Crack pipes or pot bongs later? Is there no behavior to be shunned in decent society today?

5. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    They need a needle EXCHANGE program

6. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    No they don't. By a huge margin, the vast majority of new HIV and hep cases are with gay men having unprotected sex. The statistics have always made that crystal clear and continue to do so. The city, by handing out needles, turning a blind eye to drug dealers, and by giving users "safe places" to shoot up are only enabling the users and making it much easier for young people to experiment and to get hooked. I can drive 30 minutes to San Francisco right now and buy as much heroin as I want. If I had surgery and needed some kind of opioid to manage my pain, it's nearly impossible to get because of all of the regulations. If I walk down a sidewalk in San Francisco and smoke a cigarette, I will be yelled at, issued a ticket and if the cop is in a really bad mood he can throw me in jail. Drug addicts need treatment, not easier ways to use their drug of choice.

One of the main reasons I am in favor of strong security (and/or a wall) on our southern border is to stem the flow of drugs. Drugs are a plague on this country, and democrats have no interest in stopping them because their constituents want a more open society where everything is perfectly legal regardless of the toll it takes on our society.

Bean Jr. and Mattflat362 Thank this.
  7. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    But Mike Pence signed the needle exchange into law.
    The facts are here.
    New CDC report says needle exchange in Scott County, Indiana, is working

8. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  9. frizzbees

frizzbees Light Load Member

Jul 14, 2018
    See, this is the part of the story that bothers me the most. We can certainly argue that police resources might be better spent elsewhere. I get that. But their claim of entrapment just doesn't cut it with me.

You could park a Brinks truck with 100 million in gold bars in my dang driveway and it would still be there when you came back. Why? Because it is not mine - does not belong to me - so I do not take it. Period. Either YOU ARE a thief or YOU ARE NOT a thief. SIMPLE. If it's not yours, leave it alone already.

10. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    Not really, I pointed out that a Republican helped solve a drug and disease problem.
    Plus USA Today did a great story about opioids and how addicting they are and how Purdue knew that and used it to up their sales. They wanted to get people addicted to their product and now states and cities are during them just like they did the tobacco companies.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.