Balford Farms milk Delivery

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by PhillyDrives215, May 16, 2019.

1. PhillyDrives215

PhillyDrives215 Bobtail Member

Jan 27, 2019
    Hey all!! Just wanted some advice and or input, I recently got my CDL class A on March 1st been looking for the ideal trucking job since then, hated the lies I was told from megas like Werner my school seem to really try and push on me.. I live in philly and was walking in center city when I saw this fairly big truck and it’s solo driver unloading A truck decided to strike a conversation with him he was super cool and super helpful but time was limited of course I didn’t want to take up all his time as I’m sure he had a home to get to he told me it was his last stop.

But basically the company is Balford Farms it’s a dairy based out of south jersey and they ONLY deliver to Starbucks trucks do have a lift gate he told me he prefers to use his dolly? I thought was weird but I’ve tried to do some research on here for the company and or past experiences haven’t found much of anything, smaller company not big like Mclane or Sysco, but he mentioned the pay is phenomenal I’m 26 years old no kids no woman 5’11 185 pounds decent shape don’t mind the hard work, I like this company only delivers to star bucks and the furthest I’d go is jersey he said almost all his delivers are in Philadelphia city and Delco, I have an interview next Tuesday I applied and got a call, just wanting to get some preliminary information I’m super hyped but a bit nervous can anyone give me any input or share their experience with this company or it’s field as far as what to expect? I really appreciate it!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Your height combined with your weight yields a Overweight BMI 25.8 For your height 220 Pounds triggers a redflag Obesity warning of BMI 30.8

Anything below 180 is 24.5 normal weight all the way down to 133 pounds for a bottom normal at 18.5 anything less than that is undereweight and opens you up to problems medically just as Obesity and Overweight would.

The next thing you need to do is a automatic Blood Pressure monitor and check your body twice a day to be 140/90 or smaller in values down to 100/60 stable minimum. In my own body when it falls below roughly 85 over 40 I am not functioning very well and feel pretty mean, sick and must have it looked into.

Your pulse ox needs to be 95% or higher in room air wherever you are. If you go into the mountains for orientation, your body will be short on air for a while. It will adapt by building plenty of redblood cells among other things.

Also you can benefit from a diabetes test kit. Stick that finger 4 hours after a proper meal to see where you are. If you have 1 or 2, or even a hybrid you can run the risk of coma at 70 mph killing anyone and everyone in your path. And the worst part>? you wont even care until the docs pull you back from the Abyss.

If you go the milk route, the State will issue you a test. If you pass this written test, a example question multi choice, does a cow's mood, feelings and emotions help it make more milk? Then you will be issued a number on a license to test and weigh the farm's Milk tank for quality, quantity, flies, sanitation and overall housekeeping etc. BEFORE you make the decision to put that product into you tank. Once you put in a little bit of bad milk it will ruin the entire day as now you get to dump it straight down, and then endure a sanitation process. Also Mr and Mrs Farmer will be standing over your dipstick, clipboard and into your hair to make sure you enter a number equal to or greater than theirs. This is their payday number and how much.

You will learn offroad in tractor trailer. A tanker no less. Ive told stories of derring do, Lunch counter style and other flapping of story telling with a moral of the lesson contained within.

When crossing bridges rated at 6 ton, you stop before you put a wheel on it and bend over low to examine the Fire Dept single axle and tandem weight ratings for the pumper locally. IF that little red and white sign says you can put 15K single axle and 16K+16K drives onto that bridge then for it. GENTLY.

Above all, your reliability is vital. They literally at the farm milk 500 cows based on the time you are expected to that farm, They may even communicate to billy, bob, earl, sharon, lunkers and dumbkofts all day tracking your route work.

If you cannot be reliable you will be removed.

lilpete42 Thanks this.
  4. Bob Dobalina

Bob Dobalina Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2015
    The "Buckeye"
    Woah. There's a lot to unpack there, but I'll just say this: milk tankers don't deliver to Starbucks. He's talking about milk delivery. Gallons in crates, etc. in a reefer, not farm pickups in a tanker.

5. Flat Earth Trucker

Flat Earth Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2018
    Wow. I'm sorry if you read the above post. Some folks here are sarcasm masters while others post sarcasm disasters.

Moving on, try the job. If you like it, then fine. If not, fuhgetaboudit.

Bob Dobalina Thanks this.
  6. Bob Dobalina

Bob Dobalina Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2015
    The "Buckeye"
    He's not being sarcastic. He's just a very interesting dude.

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  7. PhillyDrives215

PhillyDrives215 Bobtail Member

Jan 27, 2019
    Holy crap that was a lot I didn’t realize I was borderline obese, lol I don’t look or feel it but yes I do think he misunderstood my posting, the job isn’t a tanker but reefer with crates of milk to Starbucks, I want to give it a shot but I do thank him for the very well written post!

8. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Ok so my mind was not clearly thinking about actual milk delivery.

On days like that I think you can go ahead and shoot me. /snarky.

9. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    [​IMG]
    Keep us posted on the interview.
    What's the minimum age requirement for their drivers?

Last edited: May 16, 2019
    x1Heavy and mp4694330 Thank this.
  10. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    The cat's out of the bag; pot is legal in Arkansas now!

Mike2633, speedyk, D.Tibbitt and 3 others Thank this.
  11. Milr72

Milr72 Medium Load Member

Dec 16, 2011
    S W Missouri
    I wonder how many keyboards he wears out in a year's time!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.