Balls to the wall and getting sick

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by training, May 1, 2022.

1. TooTiredToTalk

TooTiredToTalk Medium Load Member

Feb 24, 2022
    Ask away! Most will help and give as much info as we can. Lot of good guys/gals on here to learn from and get advice from :)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. training

training Bobtail Member

May 1, 2022
    Yeah, that's about the look of it. I just drove another 11 hours, got on the road at 2:30pm, one ppti, 30 min break, 1 slash and dash, and now it is 2:30am. 26 days in a row driving into the night. I never thought it could be so taxing. Very few trucks on the road at 2am. I should call my wife and tell her to increase the coverage on my life insurance.

4. training

training Bobtail Member

May 1, 2022
    Thank you for the insight on the carbs, very good advice. As for the trainer, he doesnt smoke or drink

5. TooTiredToTalk

Feb 24, 2022
    You're welcome. Well that is good at least....doesn't sound like much of a trainer, but at least he isn't drinking or smoking.

6. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    If you were my trainee you’d have to be prepared to stick your head out the window on the odd numbered hours. :biggrin_25522:

7. TooTiredToTalk

Feb 24, 2022
    Well that is fine, but like everyone else said what they are running isn't training, but teaming when he is supposed to be getting trained. Teaming except only one person gets the team pay is BS. Just my .02 :)

8. training

training Bobtail Member

May 1, 2022

Update 5/7/22 Found a walk in clinic and was prescribed a Zpack and cough medicine. Trainer isnt talking to me right now. Going to get some sleep so I can drive this evening.

9. FearTheCorn

FearTheCorn Medium Load Member

Jan 6, 2019
    Omaha
    You are learning to truck. Stopping every hour to fluff your pillows and call mommy isn't how it works out here. Sure you are being used by your trainer. This business is brutal and unsympathetic. The sooner you learn that, the sooner you can decide if to stay with it or get out.

Chinatown and JoeyJunk Thank this.
  10. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    You're fortunate the trainer trusts you to sleep while you're driving. You lucked out; the trainer treats you like an adult male. A trainer sitting in the passenger seat running his mouth is no way to learn in the real world.

11. training

training Bobtail Member

May 1, 2022
    I have relatives in this business who enjoy what they do. Life is what you make of it. Your statement was brutal and unsympathetic, but hey, I wasn't here to get a free a pity party; I asked if there was anything I could do to keep my health up.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.