Bambi, Why cant we just be friends ?

Discussion in 'Knight' started by Fajo, Nov 1, 2015.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Bambi Hell. Ive taken out all sorts of animals. And remember very well the one I deliberatly pulled a clean kill attempt only to be thrwarted by the rubberized air flow bumber below the KW 600 that bounced the thing into my Axle with a yelp. I would never own a pet of that type for that reason. Just one of those things. Im a cold hearted ####### in battle but such a softie inside where it counts.

Forget bambi. Usually it's the 4th, 5th deer you see. You will never see the first few. Or it's the other way around you will see the first one but not the 4th or 5th.

What gets me in animals is along the red river valley between Oklahoma and Texas late at night where the hide color camoflages them perfectly with the road surface. The back roads were a particularly high risk of having steers larger than a small car getting loose through the crappy barbed wire property that is constantly being torn up by nature and out they go. I always drove with a car ahead of me so that if they see the steer, hopefully they can stop and give me warning.

One part of the USA related to bambi that worries me will be the I65 in Mississppii I think it is where there is a set of 30 mph S curves in the interstate next to a dense pine patch. If they are going to be anywhere, they are going to be there. You will know you are in their territory when you see the red glow posts lining the shoulder that takes your head lights, convert to a scary color of red and strobes it to them nearby to run em off before you get there.

G13Tomcat and Fajo Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
  4. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    I had a deer try to jump through the side of my trailer. Took forever to get that mess off.

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  5. camionneur

camionneur Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2013
    Speaking of sides, I spotted a motorcycle with a sidecar this morning... even rarer than dating a deer. :UFO:
    [​IMG]

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  6. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    ^^^^ always remember, the deer hit YOU. . . YOU did NOT hit a DEER~!!~!! ; }

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.