Bargaining cost of school

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Zoltan1a, Mar 28, 2011.

1. PineyRider

PineyRider Light Load Member

Mar 18, 2011
    Williamstown NJ
    I just finished school (5 weeks). I went through NJ unemployment using the "Pell Grant". The school charged $4400 to the state. After talking to different students I found the tuition cost was different for everyone. One guy paid $2,700 and another paid $2,200. They start a new class every monday so I'm guessing they are willing to negotiate to get the classroom filled.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Zoltan1a

Zoltan1a Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2011
    Las Vegas, NV
    LoL it was nice since I was cutting it very close. I actually did not have to say much expect I was paying it all and they said okay then we will take off an additional cost. So as much as I would love to take credit for my bargaining skills I did nothing. I am sure they would have thrown anyone this bone........but I am all signed up here comes a new adventure. They also provided me with a lost of companies that I can apply with since I graduate through them. I am really excited because some of those require a year of OTR before one can apply. I actually have a chance of working somewhere outside of Werner and Swift

4. American-Trucker

American-Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Charlotte, North Carolina

can you post this list so we can help you narrow it down to the ones that dont suck...why waste your time filling out apps right? lol

American Trucker

Zoltan1a Thanks this.
  5. Zoltan1a

Mar 15, 2011
    Las Vegas, NV
    Prime
    GTI ( My first choice thus far)
    Central Refigerated
    Andrus
    Con-way
    KLLM
    Stevens
    Covenant Transport(only do team by me)
    Smithway Motor Xpress

American-Trucker Thanks this.
  6. American-Trucker

Nov 8, 2009

Con-Way
    GTI
    KLLM

The ones in red Avoid, The three listed here are good, I've never heard on Andrus or Smithway.

You can Also Apply to Watkins Shepard, and May Might Higher out of NV I know their real big out west.....

American Trucker

7. Zoltan1a

Mar 15, 2011
    Las Vegas, NV
    Andrus looks good, they are mostly Westcoast it appears, its where I want to stay maybe I can grab more home time

8. American-Trucker

Nov 8, 2009

Dont worry your not missing anything on this side, the onlyu downside to the west is the snow/ice/chains in the winter....But in the east we have no parking, tight roads, to many 4 wheelers so yea deffinatly not missing anything over here haha

American Trucker

9. Zoltan1a

Mar 15, 2011
    Las Vegas, NV
    Watkins Shepard sounded good but I dont know if i want to start off with a company who is 4-6 weeks out. I am looking more for the 6-10 deal for the time being. The recruiter at Watkins Shepard was very generous with information however. I have been surprised at how rude some of the companies can be. Why bother with all the advertisments if you plan on treating people in this manner.

10. American-Trucker

Nov 8, 2009
    yea I know what you mean, when I was looking around last summer I got the same attitude from recruiters. They get so many stupid people calling that just want a job they have no reason to sell the job. All they have to do is wait...

American Trucker

11. foxfire

foxfire Medium Load Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Aurora CO
    look up JBS carriers...out of Greeley CO...we hire new drivers....we have a termanal in Hyrom UT that runs mostly out west....good luck....oh and stay away from KLLM

Zoltan1a Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.