Barr-Nunn wants your tax records!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Speckledwolf, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Speckledwolf

Speckledwolf Bobtail Member

Sep 3, 2019
    Idaho
    I have 40+ years (4+ million miles) OTR experience with no accidents or moving violations.... EVER! I applied to Barr-Nunn for a solo OTR driver position and was contacted by a recruiter who OK'd my application and moved it to their safety department for verification. I was then notified I needed to submit my personal tax documents (W-2's) for places I'd worked that had fleets of 10 trucks or less. Say WHAT??? Even after my 10 year employment history had been confirmed Barr-Nunn wants my personal tax records just because I worked for some smaller fleet operations ? No way!!! I even hesitate to submit my Social Security number to companies that have not extended an actual hiring offer let alone reveal personal tax records. I told them if they could not just accept my confirmed employment history and squeaky clean DOT motor vehicle report then they should consider my application to be withdrawn! Truck driver shortage be d*mned! Even the President of the United States didn't have to submit personal tax records to get his job as leader of the free world. So, Barr-Nunn applicants be warned. If their safety department is this unreasonably anal retentive during the application vetting process you can likely anticipate even more annoying micro-management if you get behind the wheel. And... regarding their Top Ten pay rating... that is based upon their PUBLISHED pay scale and NOT on actual payroll. That rating is based on what they OFFER as pay and is not necessarily the actual pay you can achieve. Caveat emptor!

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
    artek, FoolsErrand, RoadCall and 19 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dennixx

Dennixx Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2010
    twin cities
    Never give anything other than what's required by federal law.
    10 yr work history and 3 yr(I Believe) driving record.
    Good for you, I'd have told em to p up a rope too.

p608, Veteran driver, Puppage and 3 others Thank this.
  4. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    That much experience and you considered driving for Barr-Nunn?

I can understand them wanting to verify experience with smaller companies. But I wouldn’t give anything other than what’s required also.....

D.Tibbitt, LtlAnonymous and jeff18 Thank this.
  5. Speckledwolf

Sep 3, 2019
    Idaho
    I consider myself semi-retired now. The reason applying for Barr-Nunn was their OTR 30 days out- 15 days home... and they fly you both ways for your 15 day break. Fit pretty well with my hunting & fishing plans. As they say, "If it sounds too good to be true..."

6. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    that IS special, flying people back and forth.

but that also means, that you want to travel light too..??

i mean, tv, laptop, and everything else, you have to empty out your truck each time????

i'd find it difficult they don;t put someone else in that truck when you are home.

D.Tibbitt and Lonesome Thank this.
  7. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    That would be a good deal for someone like yourself. I hope it works out. Out 30 home 15..... you can get some good fishing in....

8. Speckledwolf

Sep 3, 2019
    Idaho
    I understood this to be a slip-seat position when I applied. Didn't bother me since I learned to travel light a long time ago. Barr-Nunn supplied bedding, TV, Fridge, APU. I carry a smart phone and small bag with 3X change of clothes and do laundry when needed. Easy peasey.

9. Speckledwolf

Sep 3, 2019
    Idaho
    I deep 6'd my Barr-Nunn app. when I refused to provide my tax records. I still LIKE driving but do not NEED to.

10. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Most of us would have done the same. Good for you! I think Barr Nunn needs a @Frank Speak flyby!

11. Vic Firth

Vic Firth Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2016
    Indiana
    Maybe @Chinatown can suggest a company that might be a better fit.

mjd4277 and Lonesome Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.