Bay and bay Eagan MN, any good?

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Tjs041954, May 2, 2021.

1. Professor No-Name

Professor No-Name Road Train Member

Nov 26, 2016
    I have a friend that is going to be starting there on June 7th. If he follows through with going there I will get a review of the place from him and put it on here.

Goldenfan Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Country Trucker

Country Trucker Bobtail Member

Apr 14, 2022

The inside camera only comes on in the case of an incident. They don’t turn it in to just to check on you!!!

4. Country Trucker

Country Trucker Bobtail Member

Apr 14, 2022
    I’ve been a lease operator since 10/14/21 here @ Bay & Bay. I honestly have no complaints. There are bad weeks & good weeks. I’m goin back to a local job i had before comin here & it’s got nutin to do with financials. I normally only stay out 2-3 weeks at a time because i have 2 boys that just lost their mom, 1 grandson & 2 more grandkids on the way by the end of the year. If i do any kinda truck purchase again, it’ll be thru a bank or a finance place & I’ll buy the truck out right & do it my way. I’ll just call a lease operator a learning experience. Bay & Bay have bent over backwards for me to let me run where i wana run. They are a good company.

stormy379 Thanks this.
  5. BigHossVolvo

BigHossVolvo Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2016
    Calgary, Alberta
    Coming from a management background, what always made me laugh, was when the safety people “claimed” it only records if there is an accident. But the footage was always 15-30 from before the accident happened lol. Now there were some early systems, that only shot still images when there was a “event” but those were quickly replaced with video/audio setups.

Let’s just be clear on this guys, these things are recording 24/7. If anyone is watching real time, is up to the company. How long the footage is kept, is up to the company. If they give you a “privacy code” that doesn’t necessarily turn off the recording or audio, it’s configurable on the admin end; it might just turn off the red recording light.

Regardless of what these systems can or can’t do, how they have been sold to drivers from day 1 has been a lie. That’s the part that really pisses me off. Thankfully the push back is working, Swift and XPO (possibly more, I only know of these) are starting to remove driver facing and audio; hopefully more will follow suit.

6. CaliRaised

CaliRaised Light Load Member

Dec 20, 2021
    Why do drivers get upset about driver facing cameras? I have heard comments about personal space, etc, but the only real personal space is that bunk. There is a curtain to cover the entirety of the sleeper berth. We have all worked a job or two where we are constantly being recorded by a camera while working. How is a company putting a camera in their truck any different from a warehouse putting cameras in the warehouse? It's not any different.
    I am a driver who drives a truck with a driver facing camera, so that will dispense of anyone thinking of coming back at me about not knowing about it until I experience it. I live in my truck and experience it everyday. No issues. You experienced drivers all the time like to tell these newer drivers to put on their big boy pants and just deal with stuff. Well, quit whining about companies wanting to see what their employees are doing and just do the job.

jethro712 Thanks this.
  7. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Because driving a truck which driver typically live in for couple to few weeks is their home on wheels…even Schneider’s attys told them now way on those inward cams…many of old timers have driven for yrs and have many millions of miles under our belts with safe driving records…if a company is so concerned about videotaping their drivers activities within the cab of truck constantly, then they should rethink their hiring standards.

BigHossVolvo, Boondock and bzinger Thank this.
  8. CaliRaised

CaliRaised Light Load Member

Dec 20, 2021
    Or, maybe drivers as a whole need to rethink driving habits to where these cameras are not needed. Again, I live in my truck. I have been home twice since November. I have 0 accidents/incidents since starting my career. I accept that a camera is me being observed at work. When I want privacy, the truck is turned off and the curtain is closed. It's a non-issue. Put on your big boy pants and do the #### job. That's what I say.

9. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Forward facing is one thing, inward is absolutely bad idea…I don’t know how long you’ve been driving but i can say one thing, inward cams even according to Schneider’s attys stated this, that inward all they do is give ambulance chaserr attys anything to try and hang a company on..me personally i have 2.5million miles without a preventable highway incident…this industry is being over run by folks who have no business being out here..i see it everywhere everyday and many can say the same thing..how about raising standards, instead of hiring fools who wear flip flops and put their feet on the dash while driving and flying thru parking lots and such…I’ve been a trainer in this industry and i have seen firsthand how these companies deal with that too..they don’t care pass the trainees so they collect $$ and who cares what damage they do..

bzinger Thanks this.
  10. Outlawtruckersf1

Outlawtruckersf1 Bobtail Member

Oct 11, 2022
    Enough about cams and fast or slow trucks does anyone have any input on if bay and bay is worth going to work for any current co drivers have feedback

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.