becareful what you wish for ,you might get ,it or i think i made a mistake

Discussion in 'Trucking Jobs' started by bob wood, Jul 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bob wood

bob wood Light Load Member

Mar 14, 2008
    virginia
    after trying to get back on the road after 20 years off,i finally did get a job.this company i work for is a regional carrier,very little over 500 mile,s after two and a half months this is my honest opinion of it so far.it sucks! i have found trucking is way over regulated,qualcomm in a truck is the devil,the company i work for runs mostly eastern pa, jersey,new york,Baltimore,and lots and lotsa trips around the washington dc beltway:biggrin_25526:traffic is much worse than it ever was,i hate some of the places im sent to (like a few in jersey that are literally in the ghetto)between logs ,tripjackets,and the other paperwork,and the redundant amount of information this company wants its ridiculous! and god forbid you make and mistake on any of it!brake to hard ?safety man wants to talk to you.me, what? when that happen?but they still want to run you hard right up to your time is expired.need help? all transactions must be done over qualcomm so the company has a record of it,(can tell you how many times my butt has been left waiting somewhere in a bind waiting for an answer back)getting them on the phone is next to never!its still outside carrier goes into a union dock,you get the worst dock they got to get to,and forever to unload.i think im too old for this,the aggravation level is too high,there's too much pressure and responsibility put on drivers and little money in return.this company will not accommodate drivers a little to make it any easier on them, its all forced dispatched. at 54 maybe im too old too start over,or maybe its just this company.but after only two and a half months i am burnt out already.this isnt for me, but i got to ride it out till i find something better.at home.........if i can.:biggrin_2554:

Beechvtail Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. luvmyhubby

luvmyhubby Road Train Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Sidney MI
    20 years is a long time to be out of a field of employment and then jump back in again, in any area there would be changes that you would have to adjust to, things change all the time and that is also true with jobs.

Take a minute to learn the "new ropes" give youself a few extra minutes to do paperwork and ask questions. Its not all good nor all bad but if you allow yourself a bit of a curve jumping back in it will be ok, at least til you can find something different.

Keep your chin up and remember to count to 10 when things get tough out there.

Beechvtail Thanks this.
  4. crazy trucker

crazy trucker Bobtail Member

May 7, 2009
    oak hill ohio
    i have been out of a truck for over 3 or 4 years will it be hard to find a job after that long and since i got out of the truck i have 2 speeding tickits:biggrin_2554:

5. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    Ain't going to lie to you about it. It's going to be tough. Best bet, an owner op who needs a driver. Or a small mom and pop willing to give you a try.

3 years out will require another round of school and trainee status, for the majors.

Yeh, I know. It sucks.

6. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    It's dog eat dog out here right now. So don't look for any one company to be an improvement over another.

I've been fortunate in having the time and ability to look hard at every company I considered. Even then, I almost made a mistake.

If you can hang with it, through this downturn. Your prospects will be much better, in the future.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.