Beginning a journey at Danny Herman Trucking

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Thrasher28, Nov 30, 2022.

1. Kenworth6969

Kenworth6969 Road Train Member

Jul 3, 2020
    Many decent otr companies paying in the .60s-.70s+

Crete for example average drivers getting .66 plus bonuses.
    Never heard of drivers struggling to get miles there.
    Screenshot_20221130-125710_Chrome.jpg

Bar nunn has interesting regional job.
    $260 per shift plus $90 per load.
    Doesn't matter how many miles you do that is locked in pay.

Screenshot_20221130-130448_Chrome.jpg

Danny Herman is too cheap.

BennysPennys Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 062

062 Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2013
    There’s a reason those companies are paying like that.

4. Kenworth6969

Jul 3, 2020
    Because they want drivers and to pay them well so they aren't tempted to looked for better pay elsewhere.

5. 062

062 Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Or... so the drivers might put up with all the bs the company hands them.
    Snackbar is chillin'....at Shaffer

6. Thrasher28

Thrasher28 Heavy Load Member

Aug 12, 2021
    Bowling Green, KY
    Definitely higher paying companies out there and I’ve worked for a couple. I reach OTR burnout pretty quick doing 500 mile next day deliveries constantly. I’d say any reefer carrier is probably best compromise for CPM and longer runs, but sitting in a dock for 7 hours gets old. I guess it just depends what people consider ‘working’ and what they enjoy. It wasn’t unusual for me to have multiple 16 hour days in a row working at those kinds of companies by the time I split my sleeper at a warehouse and run out the rest of my hours. If I can make 10% less than that working mostly 12 hours days and driving 90% of the time, that’s more appealing to me. I do understand why people want the higher pay, but it just doesn’t interest me anymore. There’s plenty of LTL, home nightly gigs for that later on in my career

BennysPennys, ducnut and Vic Firth Thank this.
  7. Kenworth6969

Jul 3, 2020
    That's the reefer division.
    I worked for crete years ago (dry van) and had no issues there. Many miles and mostly drop and hook.

8. Lennythedriver

Lennythedriver Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2020
    I always say money isn’t everything but it definitely is something. But the longer I’m out here the more I realize I value other things as much and in some cases even more than just the cents per mile. A lot of it has to do with how do they run you. I like one or two days per week where I don’t have to be sitting in the driver’s seat at exactly 10 hours when my break is up. I’d like to have a lazy day or two. So I can get off the truck and maybe do something. And not have to worry about it cutting into my sleep. But I also like to get my miles. Lol some companies have a lot of regular drop and hook customers so you have a lot of flexibility on when you can get the load there…. For example they’ll say anytime on the delivery day, and this too will leave you a lot of flexibility. It just takes a lot of stress out of it when you get a few loads like that per week. Also, when you come back from your days off do you get a choice of several different loads or do they just give you one? Stuff like that. Is it not a big deal to ask for an extra day off? Is the equipment good and reliable, I can tell you first hand you’ll lose more pay than anything else if a company is running junkie equipment. Lol there will be several times where you’ll be out of a paycheck for weeks at a time throughout the average year if you work for a company with crappy equipment. Maybe even more than that. Do they micromanage you or pretty much leave you alone. ALL of those things and more matter to me as much as CPM. DHT seems to keep their drivers, so like I said before they must be doing something right. My guess is Drivers are enjoying the long average load length of around 1000 miles per load from what I hear. I usually get one load per week that’s around 1000 miles. The rest are all 300 to 500 miles

BennysPennys, James j and bryan21384 Thank this.
  9. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Point taken, but I'd rather not poo on the OP's journey at Danny Herman.

10. Kenworth6969

Jul 3, 2020
    :biggrin_2559:

11. Kenworth6969

Jul 3, 2020
    Somehow Swift, CR England, Western Express etc keep drivers too. Doesn't mean anything.

Point of a job is the make money so it should be number 1 priority and DHT is cheap.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.