Beginning the Long Awaited CDL Process

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Wedge, Oct 14, 2010.

1. Wedge

Wedge Road Train Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Griffin, Georgia

Just replace the word "dirty" with "frisky" and it's all better. :biggrin_255:

AT can keep a conversation going, no doubt about that. Maybe one of these days I'll get to talk with him while were sitting down having something to eat.

Sitting at a Loves in Tonkawa, OK tonight. Heard about the tornado out break on the news. One small town was completely destroyed.

sammycat Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. irishwarrior

irishwarrior Medium Load Member

Dec 21, 2011
    williamsburg iowa
    congrats wedge on getting your cdl i will be posting here when i start school on april 27 2012

(SCREAMS AT THE TOP OF MY LUNGS) IS IT APRIL YET :biggrin_25512::biggrin_25518:

i would have been in class today but the $$ came in to late (wanted to get winter driving exp)

soo i will keep a thread when i start school in april

wedge wedge ooohhh my buddy wedge ya done gone to the darkside (heheheee)

i hope all is well with you at swift i heard things about it (good and bad) but it was not a fit for me

good luck and godspeed and hope to see ya on the road soon

Last edited: Mar 2, 2012
    Wedge Thanks this.
  4. American-Trucker

American-Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Charlotte, North Carolina
    I just drove threw the supercell/tornado storm down here in la....i aint skeered. And with a lightish high profile load lol

American Trucker

Wedge Thanks this.
  5. irishwarrior

Dec 21, 2011
    williamsburg iowa

ya got some grande nads there AT

i would have wussed out and parked it

6. Wedge

Wedge Road Train Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Griffin, Georgia

Me.......the dark side?

I don't drive for Swift, I drive for US Xpress. Originally I started orientation with Swift but my hearing aids needed to be replaced so I had trouble passing their whisper test even though I had medical documentation that proved my hearing exceeded the DOT minimum.

And if you're applying dark as to not being around for a bit, well, I stay very busy with USX and much of the time I'm running tight schedules and don't have a lot of free time to get on TTR.

Good luck with school. I'll be looking forward to reading all about your up and coming adventures.

7. Wedge

Wedge Road Train Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Griffin, Georgia

You got "moxie", AT. I have no doubt of that. You're the real deal. :biggrin_25525:

I don't like running through those storm cells at night, though. You can't see what's going on around you.

American-Trucker Thanks this.
  8. Wedge

Wedge Road Train Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Griffin, Georgia
    Back in the Motor City :biggrin_25511:

I been running a 1000+ mile haul to Detroit the last few days, and again as what seems to be the norm these days, I'm fighting the 70 hour clock.

I picked up this load in Ardmore, OK at Michelin Tire and it delivers tomorrow at 0900. Knowing that I was getting low on my 70, I had to run as hard as possible and get close to the receiver in the event a repower was required. I started today's driving from Daleville, IN with 5:30 HOS available. I can't deliver early, so my plan was to drive up to the Pilot about 30 minutes south of the receiver. I made it with about 1:30 left on my 70. I'll get back about 9 hours after midnight, so delivery shouldn't be a problem.

I've made this run from Ardmore to Detroit before. It's an easy trip, but the appointment times were a little closer on this one. Yesterday had to be the big day, mile wise. I drove just over 640 miles, which is pretty good being as this truck is governed at 65.

So today was a short day. I'll roll in to the receiver about an hour early, and hopefully, I can get me a run out of here in short order.

Maybe I can get back down into "tornado alley". :biggrin_25525: Plenty of freight to move out in the mid-west.

That's it for now.

Thanks for reading.

-Wedge

docholaday, sammycat and Perpetual Thank this.
  9. sammycat

sammycat "Oldest Hijackerette"

Apr 11, 2010
    Rochester, NY
    Wedge

IF you see a big black funnel shapped cloud.............................................

RUN FOR THE HILLS!!!!:yes2557:

stay safe my friend!!!!!!

Wedge Thanks this.
  10. Wedge

Wedge Road Train Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Griffin, Georgia
    Yeah, I'll be keeping an eye out for those buggers. :yes2557:

sammycat Thanks this.
  11. irishwarrior

Dec 21, 2011
    williamsburg iowa

aaahh ok i missed something and thought ya was at swift (the darkside of trucking :biggrin_2559:in my best darth vader voice wedge come to the darkside ) oh wait i am not going to the darkside coz they wont hire me (will explain why later)

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
    Wedge Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.