Bertis Carlson..galesburg illinois..

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Awol, Oct 12, 2019.

1. Awol

Awol Light Load Member

Aug 13, 2018
    This is coming from a rookie perspective but been with this company for a year and ive got nothing bad to say about this company. Its a small flatbed outfit out of galesburg il. Everyone has been more than enjoyable to work with, pays good, and anytime ive needed anything theyve accomidated me. Probably the only complaint i got is they run frieghtliner cascadias but it gets the job done. Ill be home in a week to get a brand new truck. I dont know the point of the post except to give them recognition.

bzinger, Just passing by and Chinatown Thank this.
  2. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Does the company hire newbies?

3. Awol

Awol Light Load Member

Aug 13, 2018
    Yes they have been recently. Theres no recruiters the owner deals strate with new recruiters. And like I said ive never met people that is so nice to there drivers...its almost eerie. Trucks are governed at 70. Haul mostly john deere out of iowa and then steel or whatever's available for a back haul. Can either get home every weekend or stay out longer. Hometime pretty much as you want. I stayed home a week recently just because and noone bothered me. Alot of northeatstern runs. I go threw new york but they have certain drivers that go actually too n.y. no forced dispatch on anything. They usually call and give you some options. But its rare im sitting waiting for a load.

Lonesome and Chinatown Thank this.
  4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Added the company to my list for new grads in Illinois and Iowa.
    Looked over the website also.
    "We specialize in hauling equipment, machinery and building materials."

skinnytrucker and Lonesome Thank this.
  5. Awol

Awol Light Load Member

Aug 13, 2018
    Yes mostly machinery going out but metald such as coils etc and some building materials but the money is in the john deere loads going out.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  6. Awol

Awol Light Load Member

Aug 13, 2018
    Any other questions from you or anyone else feel free to ask.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  7. Professor No-Name

Professor No-Name Light Load Member

Nov 26, 2016
  8. Awol

Awol Light Load Member

Aug 13, 2018
    No

• Draft saved Draft deleted