Best Cb Radion On Market.

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by TANON, Aug 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Double L

Double L Heavy Load Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Illinois
    There is more antennas out there than a Firestik. If you want a good antenna you can't go wrong with the Wilson 2000. Some guys can run a 102" whip. Just put it on the lower mirror bracket and run it through the stock antenna hole where the stud/coax connector goes to keep it from swaying all over the place.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. the man

the man Bobtail Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Fort Myers, Florida
    :biggrin_25523:you can have a $500.00 radio but if you antenna is junk you not doing nothing,,,

:biggrin_25523:I rather have a $100.00 antenna & a $50.00 radio pick & tune that a $ 500.00 radio and a junk antenna........

squirrellsgnwild Thanks this.
  4. poppapump1332

poppapump1332 Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2010
    birdsboro,pa
    yeap your antenna is the most important part of your cb

5. luvmytrucker

luvmytrucker Bobtail Member

Feb 11, 2010
    I am the girlfriend of a trucker. I am SO very proud of him and have the MOST RESPECT for what he does as well as all truckers. His birthday is coming up soon & he does not have a CB Radio and I think he could really use one. Any suggestions would be SO greatly appreciated!!! BE safe out there!!

6. HoosierHunter

HoosierHunter Light Load Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Grabill,In
    Cobra 29 or Galaxy Good radios for the money.

7. Chemcat

Chemcat Bobtail Member

Aug 15, 2009
    Kennesaw, GA
    I agree on the Cobra 29 and the Galaxy 919 as being great cb radios. I wouldn't buy one out of a truck stop though as most of them need to be tuned and aligned because the factories don't do such a great job doing so.

My suggestion would be to call Al at Sparky's Cb Shack tell him what your boyfriend will be using the radio for and he'll tell you the best options for your situation. He won't try and sell you something higher priced that you don't need and if you buy a radio from him he will tune and align it for free.

Google Sparky's Cb Shack (website is http://www.sparkyscbshack.com) and you will see many testimonials for his quality of work and service after the sale. Check prices from other sellers also and you'll find he is one of, if not the least expensive. You'll get a great radio from him at a good price and know that it will perform as it should.

Good luck in your search, your boyfriend is a lucky man :biggrin_255:

8. the man

the man Bobtail Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Fort Myers, Florida
    :biggrin_25514:CONNEX 4600TURBO ,,,THA[​IMG]T RADIO HAVE 2 PILL 2290s :biggrin_25523:

9. FriedTater

FriedTater Keeper of The Snakes

Mar 25, 2009
    United State of Texas
    You can run a 29 and a 4 pill box(installed) for what those cost,I owned a 46T for about 2 weeks and ditched it(traded it back in)

10. bluechevyv

bluechevyv Light Load Member

Dec 28, 2009
    irving tx
    if he is looking for more then a CB cus alot of ppl want more power sparkey's is the place to go. i am getting a 10meter from them and a new set of antennas. i cant wait. i will have a almost new CB for sale in two or three weeks.. pecked and tuned cobra 29 with all . mounting bracket power cord mic. ready to go and if ya ask nice ill throw in the Wilson adjustable antenna tuned for single side of a semi truck. may need adjusted for a different truck.

11. peace62

peace62 Bobtail Member

Mar 29, 2007

If you silly CB'rs want "more power" then you should get a ham radio license and get a big radio. If you can't play by the rules you shouldn't play at all. Also, if you do decide to become a ham, don't bring your silly CB habits with you such as "10-4", or "crank the power up". Oh, I'll make sure to forward this post on to FCC enforcement. If you think they don't care you are wrong. heh, they are just under staffed.
    A little lesson for you knuckleheads... The legal power for a CB'r is 4 watts AM and 12 watts SSB. If you exceed that power, you are breaking the law and it shows how technically ignorant you are. (which goes without saying). If you simpletons don't believe that the FCC enforces it regulations, try looking at the FCC enforcement logs on their web site.

10-4 good buddy?

KB0DV

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.