Best Cb Radion On Market.

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by TANON, Aug 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peace62

peace62 Bobtail Member

Mar 29, 2007
    Your silly radio is a piece of junk and illegal to use as a CB. Even though it is a "10 meter radio", a legit ham won't even use it because it's a channelized piece of garbage. Oh, and a true radio operator will not refer to 200 watts as "2 pills". If they used that phrase on any of the Amateur bands, they would be laughed at and no one would speak to them.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. peace62

peace62 Bobtail Member

Mar 29, 2007
    Channelized Junk! Illegal for CB use! As a Amateur radio operator, I would be embarrassed to have that radio in my shack!

4. peace62

peace62 Bobtail Member

Mar 29, 2007
    Channelized Junk! Illegal for CB use! As a Amateur radio operator, I would be embarrassed to have that radio in my shack!

5. WA4GCH

WA4GCH Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Seminole Florida
    The problem is if it is MODIFIED for CB your correct .....

I just don't see why people want them get as CB and a good amp ... your done .....

6. FriedTater

FriedTater Keeper of The Snakes

Mar 25, 2009
    United State of Texas
    yet another ham troll :yes2557:

7. WA4GCH

WA4GCH Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Seminole Florida
    No he is correct not that we may or may not agree with him .....

"PILLS" and "POUNDS" and other incorrect terms while "LINGO" to some
    are still not correct and I think that is what he is refuring to EVEN if he did it in a demeaning way.

That the way I read him ..... If he is trying to mentor ( elmer ) you don't go about it be demeaning the people your trying to help .....

8. red_eye

red_eye Medium Load Member

Dec 30, 2009
    belpre, ohio
    Exactly.. if we was talking ham.. we would be having tators with it.. :biggrin_25525:

9. red_eye

red_eye Medium Load Member

Dec 30, 2009
    belpre, ohio
    An Ham operators seem to have the better then thou... because they have a piece of paper that says they passed a couple test.. I do know a few ham guys that drive.. but not many.. that have true ham radio in the rig.. While it might not be legal to have a mod'ed CB.. it is not legal to run 56 in a 55 either.. lol.. Smith trucking got busted by FCC for running on ham channels.. wanna guess who turned them in?... you guessed it !!... a ham operator..

10. peace62

peace62 Bobtail Member

Mar 29, 2007
    If I hear ham wannabes on ham radio frequencies I will turn then in also. CB'rs belong and are restricted to channels 1 through 40 on a CB radio. Ham radio ops don't want nor will they tolerate CB trash on the Amateur Radio frequencies.

The CB radio is filled with nothing but trash. Many hams worked hard to get their Amateur License and thats one of the reasons they follow the rules, unlike CB'rs.

Another area a CB'r falls short in is technical knowledge and ability. Lets face it, if they knew what they were doing, they wouldn't be a CB'r now would they?

11. WA4GCH

WA4GCH Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Seminole Florida
    REDEYE ......

They got busted because they were ILLEGAL ......

Fact is if they were not on ham frequencys no ham would be there to complain .... 99.999% of us don't care what Cbers run on CB or even freeband but cross the line at 28.000 and it BECOMES our fight a fight to hold on to our bands because all you have to do is see what has happened to 27.405 - 27.999 mhz ......

As for a better than thou .... who is griping about the hams defending what belongs to them ? 28.000 -29.700 is HAM ONLY world wide just like 26.965-27.405 BELONGS to the CB operator.

This is what you were talking about ....

Dear Mr. Smith:

Information before the Commission indicates that your drivers have been operating radio equipment without a license on the frequency 28.535 MHz and causing interference to licensed stations in the Ten Meter Amateur Band.

The drivers were observed operating unlicensed in April and May 2007 on Route 19 between the Fairmont, West Virginia area and the Haywood power plant near Shinnston, WV.

Please advise your drivers that operation of radio transmitting equipment without a license is a violation of Section 301 of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended, 47 U.S.C. Section 301, and will subject them to fine or imprisonment, as well as an in rem seizure of any non-certified radio transmitting equipment, in cooperation with the United States Attorney for your jurisdiction. Monetary forfeitures normally range from $7,500 to $10,000.

You are requested to contact me at 717-338-2502 to discuss this matter.

Sincerely,

W. Riley Hollingsworth

Special Counsel

squirrellsgnwild Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.