Best Company Paid CDL training, Regardless of Location

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by midwestwelder, Mar 9, 2018.

1. midwestwelder

midwestwelder Bobtail Member

Feb 22, 2018
    Theodosia, MO
    My wife used to drive and I went out with her on the road for a couple month period about 4 years ago. I guess you could say I caught the truck driving bug because I've been thinking about it ever since.

So that brings me to the question, which company has the best paid CDL training, regardless of their location. I currently live in Missouri but can go anywhere for training. The kids are grown, so no issues there. As long as the company I choose can route me to home then it doesn't matter where I go to for training.

Prime Inc, is real close to me, but beyond what I read, I have no knowledge of how good their training is. So, which paid training is best?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Prime Inc. is ok for training. There's others though to consider:
    Jim Palmer Trucking - smaller company that hauls for Prime. Runs coast to coast.
    Wil-Trans - also hauls for Prime and owns Jim Palmer Trucking. Runs eastern half of USA.
    Trailiner Corp. - also in Springfield,MO and runs west coast.
    Contract Freighters www.cfidrive.com - Joplin,MO - coast to coast dry van.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Trailiner Corp. - Springfield,MO - Trailiner has been a refrigerated truckload carrier operating in 48 states for 40 years.
    Multiple Runs Available
    2-3 day runs to the Midwest**5-6 day runs to California**Coast to coast
    Modern Fleet
    2017 & 2018 Freightliner Cascadia tractors--both manual and automatic--with APU's and inverters on all tractors and Great Dane trailers with ThermoKing refrigeration units.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
    WoodYou, Ybnormal and narcolepticltd Thank this.
  4. midwestwelder

Feb 22, 2018
    Theodosia, MO
    I apologize for the slow response. Thank you for your help. I will check into those companies. MUCH appreciated Chinatown.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  5. plankton

plankton Medium Load Member

Jan 9, 2015
    "Company paid CDL training" is kind of a misnomer. One way or another, directly or indirectly, it is the students that pay for the training. I would recommend attending a private CDL school so you will have lots of companies to choose from instead of being locked into a contract with one.

6. midwestwelder

Feb 22, 2018
    Theodosia, MO
    I won't argue with your logic, because yes, you are right, the student does pay in the long run. However, if I had the money upfront to begin with, I wouldn't have asked the question.

CJ701 and TruckChicken Thank this.
  7. plankton

plankton Medium Load Member

Jan 9, 2015
    I didn't have the money upfront either, so I financed private schooling with my credit card. (My school offered financing too, but their terms were outrageous.) When I finished school I had many job opportunities that were much superior to anything that a CDL training/starter company could offer.

8. keen98

keen98 Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2014
    Millis Transfer

9. WoodYou

WoodYou Bobtail Member

Apr 4, 2018
    By far the best overall poster I have seen in my short time. Actually sticks to the topic at hand, answers your question and gives insight in a positive manner.

As the rapper, "Lil Baby," would say,

That's my dawg (chea) !

Just tryna live Thanks this.
  10. AUfan78

AUfan78 Light Load Member

Feb 13, 2018
    Mobile, Alabama
    Check with your state employment office. They may have paid training available through
    THE WORKFORCE INNOVATION AND OPPORTUNITY ACT (WIOA) or some other program. I was told that if you meet certain qualifications here in Alabama the state will pay for CDL school through the community colleges. They may have the same program in your state.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.