Best company paid training school in the US?

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by lilB8706, Sep 2, 2019.

1. lilB8706

lilB8706 Bobtail Member

Mar 9, 2016
    If you had nothing to tie you down to a specific location, such as family, where would you go and what company? I'm considering getting my CDL but can't pay my own way through. So I am looking for company paid training and plan on living on the road for the first year probably to pay off student loans. I did just get my license back just a few months ago. It was suspended for no insurance about 4 years ago and after the suspension was done I didn't really need it for a couple years. Other then that my driving record should be fine but work history not the best either.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    The reason for the license suspension is not the problem, but not having a license for the previous 12 or 24 or 36 mos. may be a problem for insurance companies that insure the trucking companies.
    Where is your location? We need to know the hiring area you live in. Difficult to recommend a trucking company cdl school then learn you're not in the hiring area.

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  4. lilB8706

lilB8706 Bobtail Member

Mar 9, 2016
    I currently live in North Canton Ohio.

5. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Good location.
    I'll dig through my notes and hopefully some other drivers will give some advice also.

6. lilB8706

lilB8706 Bobtail Member

Mar 9, 2016
    Thanks been digging around these forums for awhile and was about to pull the trigger when my license got suspended. I had a feeling lack of time with my license back would be an issue. Also not sure if SR22 will be an issue, I suspect not. I'm not against going through swift or whoever to do my time. I just thought since I'm getting a divorce w/no kids I have the option possibly to go anywhere that might have some sort of benefit over local. Such as a place with amazing teachers or really good pay in the first year and such.

7. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Yeah, try Swift and Millis Transfer.
    Also try these that have their own cdl school :
    Jim Palmer Trucking
    Wilson Logistics

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  8. lilB8706

lilB8706 Bobtail Member

Mar 9, 2016
    I was leaning towards millis. But I probably won't be aiming to start for at least a couple more months. And I just saw they recently got bought by heartland. I don't know anything about heartland but the general consensus doesn't look good. So considering I won't be aiming to start for 2-4 months I'm worried I'll be done with training then #### goes bad and I'm stuck cause of a contract and my not so stellar license and job history.

I appreciate your help I'll look into the other suggestions also since I'm not in a huge rush. I know your the go to guy around here for this stuff! Do you think I could benefit from waiting till I atleast have my license for a full year?

9. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    R. E. West has their own cdl school and it's free & no contract to sign.
    Lodging & meals furnished. You're on the payroll from day one of cdl school.

10. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
  11. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Apply now and find out. Companies will respond with "Welcome Aboard" or "Reapply when you've had your license for 12 months."
    This will help you plan and prepare better.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.