Best company to lease 9 car cottrell living in Smyrna?

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by Southerking, Nov 1, 2018.

1. frankdtank

frankdtank Light Load Member

Sep 27, 2018
    That's a pretty good settlement sheet. Where do you run to gross that ?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Back and forth is the best answer I am willing to give, but I am south of your load of jeeps. The thing about contract freight, some of it sucks and some of it doesn’t. It takes some digging and building relationships to get it and keep it from not sucking most of the time.

BigBob410 Thanks this.
  4. Southerking

Southerking Bobtail Member

Nov 1, 2018
    Thanks a lot for the insight you guys lol.

BigBob410 Thanks this.
  5. frankdtank

Sep 27, 2018

6. frankdtank

Sep 27, 2018
    These jeeps were an overflow load which is not bad. Word is H&A is getting this rail head freight and I wonder what that will do to the rate which is already crap if done for United Road. Well, you got me talking to people cause our insurance renewal is coming up and if I was to make a move the time is now. I know there is plenty of work in the south east and my argument for H&A always was that cheap freight both ways is better then a decent rate one way. I think if I run the system I can do just fine.

7. frankdtank

Sep 27, 2018
    I would like to ask you a couple of things. What kind of Elogs do the O/os run ? How good is the fuel discount if any ? Thanks

8. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    I wouldn’t short sell a railhead that has extremely short freight until you have run all the numbers especially fuel surcharge. The owner ops who do this for us blow my numbers out of the water. I don’t even get close.

9. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    XRS Elogs. Fuel discount is roughly 35-40 cents a gallon depending on the state at the Loves and TA. I now buy all my fuel at Speedway and I am spending about $100 a week less than buying it at the Loves.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
  10. frankdtank

Sep 27, 2018
    That's a pretty good discount. I stay away from the big truck stops and get my fuel at mom and pops that are usually 25-30 cents less. I would have to get on in Jacksonville, but not sure if the truck will make the cut being that is an 07.

11. frankdtank

Sep 27, 2018
    I was under the impression that Nissan was the only one paying a fuel surcharge. I've hauled short from this railhead on and off for 20 years and if the rates are there I don't mind doing that at all. Also I figure if I could run out to AL and backhaul once a week I could do whatever around here the rest of the time...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.