Best company to live in truck full time

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Moto357, Oct 22, 2021.

1. pumpkinishere

pumpkinishere Heavy Load Member

Apr 21, 2021
    Your welcome! Hope it works out for you. It’s a place to start and once you have the knowledge and experience of driving the sky’s the limit, all kinds of opportunities open up for you.

Moto357 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Read about a woman in Florida that did something similar. She was renting, but wanted her dream home. She saved money and finally bought her dream home. Instead of moving into it, she rented it out on Airbnb and paid it off within 24 months. Then she moved into her dream home that's paid in full.

BlueThunderr and Lennythedriver Thank this.
  4. John Joel Glanton

John Joel Glanton Light Load Member

Sep 22, 2021
    Texas
    I also considered buying a cheap piece of land some place with no state income tax. Call that my home while I live out of the truck.

Moto357 Thanks this.
  5. Lennythedriver

Lennythedriver Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2020
    This is what I try to tell young drivers. You can use trucking as a steppingstone to set up your life to be more comfortable a few years down the road if you’re smart. So many new truck driver start getting those $12-$1500 weekly paychecks and they go out and buy a $60,000 vehicle and waste it on a bunch of crap.

I remember my trainer. The guy was bragging nonstop about how he was making $110,000 a year. He would kind of joke with me that I was only going to make about 50,000 my first year. Lol I ended up making about 65 my first year at that company because I drove hard. Anyhow the guy was in debt living paycheck to paycheck. In fact he had creditors calling him all the time when we were out on the road. And I thought who cares if you’re making 110,000 a year if you have debt collectors after you you’re obviously doing something wrong.

With the kind of money we make and the potential to set up a low overhead lifestyle, we should all be setting ourselves up for the future.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2021
  6. Goldenfan

Goldenfan Heavy Load Member

Apr 8, 2013
    WI
    Thanks for the reply and info. By what you posted drivers need to leave the truck at the terminal so that's a no go for me. I live in Wisconsin.

7. pumpkinishere

Apr 21, 2021
    Yes I do know they want you to leave the truck on their lot. We could not drive our truck home. I do know there were a few exceptions but we did not look into that and we drove our personal vehicle home.

8. pumpkinishere

Apr 21, 2021
    But we didn’t have to go home. We could of stayed on their lot or stayed at a truck stop nearby. But we came home because we had cats and a mother in law we checked in on. Once you get assigned a truck that is your truck, no one else drives it so it is not necessary to go home unless you want to.

Moto357 Thanks this.
  9. pumpkinishere

Apr 21, 2021
    I think the folks that lived farther away then we did they would try to get them around their hometown so they could stop in at home but we lived close enough and no freight coming our way that if we wanted to go home we drove home but did so in our own vehicle.

Moto357 Thanks this.
  10. pumpkinishere

Apr 21, 2021
    Either way they are a phone call away. Ask their policies and find out. Like I mentioned before it’s a great starting place but idk for long term. We did not stay long enough to find out.

Moto357 Thanks this.
  11. pumpkinishere

Apr 21, 2021
    Talk to Alex ext 144. Or ask for Rodney. Either one of those guys are good and will tell you all you need to know.

Moto357 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.