Truck drivers dont need to quit and take up gardening, thats non-sense. The guy is stressed out, yes, but just like all of us who've been driving for a while, we learn to manage the job, rather than let it manage us.
Best energy supplement? For otr
Page 3 of 6
eat healthier and snack fruits and nuts in between would definitely help. it does for me. i usually drive after my gf is done at 3pm for a good 6 hours straight, then stop in a fuel stop for a 30 minutes break to get a small coffee with some hazelnut pumps and one stoks (extra caffine). it does wonder for me. if you want my healthy eating advice and wanting to do it, pm me
On my 3 day load hunting expeditions, I leave the house with 12-15 Fuji apples (big & juicy) and 24 mini Gatorades.
By the time I get back from the hunt (shutting it down), I have less than 5 apples & 5 gatorades. These keep me hydrated, with suppressed appetite during the drives for max focus.
I only do Pilot Intense coffee when I wake up to Go! Go! Go!
I been driving yellow cab in nyc for 22 soon getting into otr trucking. I have been taken herbal supplements and vitamins for many years which have help me get through the mental and physical stress of driving and sitting for many hours a day
Look into Maca capsule, Triple Gensing which are herbs which are for stress, engery and endurance. Vitman C, D, Zinc to maintain your testosterone levels. Arginine for good circulation . Fish oil multi vitamin supplements are necessary. I buy all these at GNC. Also try doing leg and back stretching. Buy yourself good driving foam seat cushion for comfortably. I have doing things for many years while driving cab and lucky i have maintained good health all these years.
I like lists...
1. Read a book. Relax your mind. Comic books work to. I don't suggest coloring books though. Not enough words to bore you to sleep.
2. Stop taking short cuts. All that crap your putting in your body isn't helping. Despite what the "experts" say. Asking experts is like asking what the weather will be. 50 different answers, an then when you get 15 that agree they all change their minds.
3. Get some real rest. After you do step 2.
4. Exercise. Find what works for you an....do it. Walk, run, lift, toss lot lizards, whatever...if it gets you moving...do it.
5. Stop taking short cuts. Yea, I'm repeating myself.
6. Get rid of the tv like another said. Or lest find something that isn't THAT interesting to you. Documentaries can be a good sleep aid.
7. Find a podcast or audiobook you like. Hell even music. Relax. Chill. You are gettting sleeeeepy...
8. Take better care of yourself. You won't be in your 20s forever. Might as well prepare now.
9. Not everything "herbal" is good for you. Take Spice for example. It's just herbs. Sold as a herbal supplement. Yet..it has a chemical on it that mimics weed. Hence...synthetic weed. Your herbs are now a drug that's banned in a ton of places. Congratulations! Research the #### you put in your body. You might be surprised what things contain.
10. Stop drinking Soda, Coffee, or anything else with caffeine in it before bed. Like a couple hours. Same with smoking if your a smoker. Nicotine will keep you up also due to the stimulation.
11....to be continued. Lists make me sleepy.
Seriously though. I have sleep issues myself, can't sleep for long, hard to fall asleep, random bouts of insomnia, etc. Sucks I know. My issue is getting my mind to relax. I tend to think over my day an that just keeps me up. While it's gotten a bit better, it took a long time. I refuse to take sleep aids, especially prescription ones. Not for me, no siree. So that left me with trying other things. Some work, some don't.
Find ways to deal with the pent up stress. Instead of tv find a game you can get into. Not like super over the top omg I'm going to kill you if you don't let me play into it. Something that might help you take the edge off.
Ok...back to the list..
12. I mean this purely in jest but hey...it's been known to work. Get laid.
13. Do not, I repeat do not go the RIck James route.
1 - thru 10 were serious suggestions. Jury is still out on 12, an 13 ...well he's Rick James, #####!
Sirscrapntruckalot - They say treat your body like a temple. Don't get mad cause my Temple is filled with tacos an booze.
I have seen the movie Gettysburg 1000 times and still enjoy it. But I also can't stay awake through it just because I have the entire movie memorized.
It doesn't matter if I have drank 5 starbucks espresso shot things... I will be out for the count.
Page 3 of 6