Best energy supplement? For otr

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by Travelworld2067, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Zeviander

Zeviander Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2015
    Winnipeg, MB, CA
    I sleep better with the truck rumbling away. Nothing puts me to sleep better than a purring kitty.

Oldironfan Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Wow you guys don't seem to get that he is beating himself into the ground to make miles and is tired from working at an easy job. He is in his late 20's which tells me he can't handle the work, and either he should change companies or find another line of work before he falls asleep at the wheel.

Omega7777 Thanks this.
  4. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    best "energy supplement", is just simple one a day vitamins, maybe those granola bars, maybe orange juice, or some other juices. those energy drinks really have no nutritional value, and (i heard) can make you jittery. small snacks while driving like peanut butter crackers, to give you some proteins.

DO NOT drink high sugar, HIGH calorie, HIGH caffeine soft drinks at least 2-3 hours before bedtime.

Sirscrapntruckalot and Oldironfan Thank this.
  5. nax

nax Road Train Member

Dec 14, 2016
    It's a figure of speech...lol

Ever been in a deep cave? It's so silent, you can hear your own thoughts?

6. otterinthewater

otterinthewater Road Train Member

May 10, 2018
    Santa Barbara, Ca
    No.

He needs Tiger blood. Call Charlie Sheen.

Oldironfan Thanks this.
  7. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    and noises are loud...!!!!!

8. Omega7777

Omega7777 Medium Load Member

May 21, 2018
    im new to driving but already could tell that the stress is high when miles are up ;) now i sleep much better when enjoy driving instead

9. Travelworld2067

Travelworld2067 Light Load Member

May 10, 2018
    To answer my own question and anyone else suffering my issues. The bee caps from ta and petros are super legit. Pop 3 of those when u wake up and drink a cup of coffee i could be running all night super energy and focus singing all night long as if it broad day light i sware by these things. Best part no jitterness like caffeine pills no crash just pure natural energy. I ####ing love these things and they are healrhy being derived from honey and bees. ## ny thing on the bottle theres a picture of a trucker these are designed for driving they give u hreat focus and energy way better than coffee i could quit coffee but i love coffee..

10. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    Take your shower before bed that will burn 1.25 hours of your 10.

People are missing the most obvious answer. It might not be correct but, he sleeps and wakes up very tired after sleeping 6-7 hours. He needs energy supplements.

Sounds a like possible sleep apnea or running to many miles with ELD. The OP should record himself sleeping and see if he can hear himself stopping breathing or gasping for air.

11. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I took caffeine when I was 21. Boxes of 40 plural in a few hours during the mid afternoon crash waiting for a container without a sleeper berth in Norfolk. In a couple of weeks time I hit a tolerance and it no longer worked and then flipped the mind to sleep while at highway speed. I almost killed some flagmen that day.

That was the end of that. Took a couple of months to get right without any boosters.

What I ended up doing is taking vitamins across the board. The body dumps what it does not consume. There used to be a particular supplier for lack of a better word that featured a small bag of vitamins and so on in a yellow carded packet on the east coast truckstops. That combined with three proper meals and fluids through the day provided the fuel to do the work. Round the clock if need be. But not eat so much as to induce a nap.

If you are tired after 3500 miles, then sleep a couple of days, rest, decompress etc you will probably be ok by the next workweek to get going. Ive done many of those where at the end of a good week, a pile of money and too tired to do anything fun just go to sleep, hydrate and eat. Boom ready to go in a couple of days. It has to be quality sleep in a quiet place. Not for example downtown memphis.

Edit.

Fast forward to today.

What you looking for is close to what I call "Uppers" Amphetamines would be one type. (Spelling) you are getting into where drugs are boosting what you don't have in terms of lost energy against the need to rest.

Most truckers build what I call Stamina over a period of time and they can get up and run when they need to. That's good to have. But ultimately when you start looking to add stuff to your body to force it to function when you really should be resting, then you are robbing yourself.

If you have a friendly doctor willing to incur a small fee and a full blood panel draw of your blood to test, it will come up with particulars where you are short of. Mine is Vitamin B1. I keep a bottle of that next to the desk for difficult days because my current diet does not support adding vitamin B1.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.