Best Finishing School for New CDL Graduates ?

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by SilverBulletBand, Jun 8, 2019.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    TDI and I think they moved to Christiana since I was there.

SilverBulletBand Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I've delivered dry bulk cement and fly ash to Smyrna Ready Mix. I pulled tankers for Schwerman in Nashville, but was on long haul which is what I wanted. Sometimes between long runs I'd be dispatched on some short cement runs. Didn't like doing that, but it did bump up the paychecks.
    I don't like local or regional trucking.
    I've heard Huff & Puff Trucking is ok. Lots of home time there.

4. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    For the big bucks, check with Estes Express in Smyrna. Some Estes Terminals have a trainee program for drivers with no experience. Should be able to knock down $70K easy there and much more in a year or two.
    [​IMG]

5. SilverBulletBand

SilverBulletBand Light Load Member

Dec 15, 2018
    Wetumpka, Alabama
    Yes. I'm submitting an application shortly there as well as most all other LTLs around here. I believe most all of them have Dock to Driver programs. Not sure how they handle recent CDL Grads with little experience.

Before I started with Universal, I went to SAIA in Laverne and spoke with their Recruiter. At the time, $16.62 for their Dock program didn't thrill me much. Will delve deeper now.

Sitting here right now getting Contact info for all the local LTLs, ReadyMix and Huff and Puff. Not sure yet which way to turn.

6. SilverBulletBand

Dec 15, 2018
    Wetumpka, Alabama
    Yes, they did. Talked with several folks that went there. They have a reputation here now for having hard assed, rude Instructors. Not good.

United was $1000 less than TDI. I paid cash out of pocket so that's why I chose United.

7. snowmantrucking101

snowmantrucking101 Heavy Load Member

Mar 8, 2017
    Stay far away from Fleetmaster - Englander. Bunch of lying scum if there ever was any. Don't go with any carrier that requires a contract for riding with a driver trainer either. Too many other's out there that don't.

8. SilverBulletBand

Dec 15, 2018
    Wetumpka, Alabama
    [QUOTE="snowmantrucking101, post: 8585894, member: 194827" Don't go with any carrier that requires a contract for riding with a driver trainer either.[/QUOTE]Is that part of their Dock to Driver program ??

9. snowmantrucking101

snowmantrucking101 Heavy Load Member

Mar 8, 2017
    Is that part of their Dock to Driver program ??[/QUOTE]
    Idk about United man. I was referring to OTR companies. Alot of them will make a newbie sign a 1 year contract just to ride with a trainer for a few weeks. Total crok.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.